Part 15

Ember stared up at Pearl and Jasper from the couch, "Okay so I'll need to learn how to use these powers, just because I have them doesn't mean I know how to use them obviously."

Pearl nodded, "That's a very good idea My Diamond. Now me and Jasper will explain the special abilities our tests said we had."

Ember sat straight up, she would finally learn what her friends could do.

"First up is Holographic Projection, I can use my gem to produce holograms, I normally only use this when I'm trying to get a peace of clothing right." Pearl's gem then lit up and shot out a beam of light that then turned into a Hologram of a very pretty dress before it disappeared into a cloud of pixels.

"That's so cool! I wish I could do that!" Ember said making Pearl beam in pride that her Diamond wished she could do something that She, a pearl, could do.

This was why she and Jasper adored their little Diamond, she was also showing praise and kindness to the two of them.

"I can also use the Holograms to make Duplicites of myself which is what Selp-Duplication is, it takes a bit of concentration and I'm still not the best at it."

Ember was awed when realizing that Pearl could copy herself, that was so cool. She couldn't wait to figure out the three last abilities her two gems had.

"Psammokinesis is where I can manipulate sand, I can't control a lot of sand at once so most Pearls just ignore this ability from what I know."

"What if the reason you can't control a lot of sand is because the Pearls you remember never practiced? I've read that Pearl's weren't allowed to fight and were mostly servents for their Diamonds in my book, what if the Sand ability was a way for a Pearl to defend herself? You might just need practice!"

Pearl stared at her Diamond in surprise, she had never thought of that before. What if the reason Pearl's Psammokinesis was so weak was that it was meant to help a Pearl defend herself and they weren't allowed to use it? She would have to Practice with it and see if she could make it grow stronger.

"While Pearl thinks on that let me explain my abilities and then she can explain her last special ability okay?."

"Okay Jasper!"

Jasper chuckled, who knew that all it took to make their Diamond act her age was telling her about the special abilities that each gem has?

"With Comet Charge I can charge at my enemies with alarming speed and power, I can use it to break through several layers of hard rock. Whenever I use this move I get a fiery aura around me."

"Spin Dash is where I can turn myself into a spinning ball, I roll around in a ball shape and attack enemies kind of like comet charge. Other gems have this attack too but they don't normally have Comet Charge."

"Whoa, those sound super strong!" Jasper laughed as she nodded. Pearl finally snapped out of her shock and explained her final power, "Interdimensional Storage is kind of like Gem Storage but I can actually store people inside my gem, there are different copies of me in there that help me sort everything."

"Whoa, so I could go in your gem?"

"Well I mean yes you could, but it's not ideal."

Ember nodded in understanding, it would probably be super weird but it was good to know.

"Now how about you open up the gift the goblins at Gringots gave you."

Ember lit up and grabbed the present, ripping the wrapping paper off it before lifting the lid up, she breathed out in awe. "Whoa."