Part 10

Angelina POV

Three weeks later, found Angelina spending a lazy Monday morning in bed, then joining Daneel and Jared's wife, Genevieve in a spa day for a manicure and pedicure.

Angelina still felt surreal in her surroundings. Was this her life now? Champagne cocktails and manicures?

"Come on, we still have to get you something sexy for tonight." Gen exclaimed.

Angelina still felt weird, calling her by her nickname, but Genevieve had explained that she absolutely hated being called by her full name.

" Wait, what do you two know that I don't?" Angelina asked.

"Just that you and Jay are going on an actual date tonight. He asked us to take you shopping for a dress and to help pamper you." Daneel replied.

" And all I know is I get to be included and pampered  and Jensen's footing the bill." Gen replied.

"Here's to a kid free day and Jensen's black card Ladies!" Daneel said while holding up her glass in a toast.

"Here, here" Both Angelina and Gen toasted back.

A little while later:

"Did Jensen say anything about dress code or where we are going?" Angelina asked.

"No just something nice but also casual. Ohh here we go. What about this one?" Daneel asked holding up a pink dress.

"Is there one in blue? Pink is one of my least favourite colours. And how much is that one. I am not spending a fortune on a dress I might not wear again."

"Technically you are not spending a fortune, Jay is." Gen laughed back, clearing have had one to many mimosas.

"Nah ah, why do you think he asked us to take you shopping? He knew you would argue with him but that we would not let you say no."

An half hour later, they were still looking for a dress.

"Daneel, Gen,please can we just go to another store? This store is clearly not meant for me. What they say is my size ,is clearly not and it's just, you know depressing me. Most of these sizes won't fit my arm, never mind my thighs."

"I'm sorry. It was my idea to bring you here. Tonight's date just seemed like a big one. I wanted you to feel like a Queen you know." Daneel said.

"Thank you, it's the thought that counts."

"Okay, let's go to somewhere else. Jay did actually say I mustn't take you to a designer store. Guess he does know you."

"Yeah he does. Sometimes he knows me better than I know myself."

" Yeah he is a good one." Daneel said , then turning to face Gen, she shouted. " Hey Lush, come on , we leaving."

Gen ran over to them, giggling as she did. " Where we going? And are they serving booze?"

"No and even if they are, you are restricted to water now. It all good and well that you live it up today as you have no kids to look after, but then just means tomorrow you have them and a hangover." Angelina reprimanded.

"Nah ah, Jared doing school run tomorrow so I can sleep in. You ladies don't understand, I sit at home all the time. It's either helping Jared with the show, looking after the kids or helping Jared pack or unpack to go to a con. I just never get to have a day to myself to be ...me you know."

"I fully understand Gen. Why do you think I am now playing EP. I'm too old to act ,but just to get out of the house and do something is, well soul refreshing." Daneel replied.