Chapter 1

The figure collapsed onto the cold white floor of the cell after being pushed in by the guards, who didn't care how they treated their new prisoner. A hood hid their face since entering the prison, her head hanging relatively low as she was dragged in by her arms.

The cell was already occupied by another, who merely glanced at the newcomer in brief confusion before cultivating a more serene expression, with anger shimmering beneath. "What is the meaning of this? Why is this prisoner in my cell?" He sneered at the slumped form before returning his hateful gaze to the guards, who ignored him.

He stood up from the chair, his book in hand, and walked around the unmoving stranger. He looked closely at the fabric of the large cloak and summoned a dagger.‌ The hood fell away by magical means.

The face underneath matched his own. The copy blinked open at the sudden light and squinted at the man. Brief horror struck their expression before they schooled it quickly as they scrambled up. "Lo-" their breath escaped them as they were pushed back against the wall by the god, who held the dagger against their throat.

The duplicate smirked as if they weren't being threatened. "If you push me like that against the wall, you'll have to take me out to dinner first." They purred as he pushed the weapon closer to their neck. "Why are you parading around with my face?"

The lookalike answered. "Why yes, I planned to take someone's identity and get caught and be thrown into prison with that same person." Their voice was laced with sarcasm before turning into controlled calmness with an edge of annoyance. "Obviously, I didn't expect this. I don't want to fight right now. So, put the butter knife down."

They eyed the handle with a relatively unbothered face while the original kept his stance. "What, you planning to kill me? Do you sink this excuse of a weapon into me? " They laughed, trying to throw their head back unsuccessfully, then their face became still with an eerie smile, staring him in the eyes.

"I can't die. I can just do this, and nothing will happen." Their hand quickly seized his hand on the handle and plunged it into their throat. He pulled it out.

Just as the facsimile predicted, the bluish wound was sealed with a black covering before turning normal. "So, this can go either way. You let me go, I turn into something that isn't you and I'll try to leave you alone on one half of this cell. Or we fight to the death, in which I will win because we both know you won't survive if I snap your neck."

He narrowed his eyes and pressed his lips into a thin line in skepticism. "How can I know you'll keep your side of your deal?"

"You don't." They agreed with him. Their hair turned dirty blonde and their face became softer, while her eyes stayed a similar shade of blue. "Look," She sighed dejectedly. "I don't want to kill you, but I won't hesitate to defend myself and need to force my hand." He gave her one final look before letting her drop to the ground. She rubbed her neck a little as she watched him go back to sit on his bed, his eyes on her.

"Well, you aren't leaving anytime soon." He gestured to the cell around him. "You are stuck here with me."

"No, you're stuck here with me. And I intend on leaving soon. Because unlike you, I don't plan on spending the rest of my life here." She observed the cell again before she went towards the white wall, laying her hand on its coolness.

Her fingers tried to dig into the indent of one of the squares as she tried to pull it apart to no avail. She tried again with another right next to it, and another, but not crossing the line separating her from him until she decided to climb to the ceiling, her fingers and feet sticking to the walls without any difficulty, but nothing worked. She huffed in frustration, letting her feet fall and allowing her fingers to let go as she dropped to the floor.