Dance Night

When Carlotta is woken up the next morning by a maid, she has not even slept four hours. But her mother is already pacing the hallway and shooing the servants around. Carlotta rolls her eyes and calls for her mother. "Mum! It's a ball for the villagers, not for the Queen or our fine relations who have not been dishonoured! You don't have to herd everyone around!" But June doesn't seem to hear that at all, because she's already bossing the dressmaker around to give the family tree a bit of a makeover, and then to fetch and fit the girls' dresses.
The girls spend the whole day with June and Pippa in the beauty salon to have their nails painted and their hair done. When the first guests arrive in the afternoon, only June and Pippa are completely ready to welcome the guests. The two sisters have insisted on a masquerade ball and so they don't notice that uninvited guests also enter the mansion and mingle. But a few of Carlotta's friends from Germany have also come to meet her family. Among them are Anastasia, Niklas, Petra and Hugo, but also Elea with Jonas and Sophie with Axel.
Carlotta is actually also ready, but still helps Johanna with her eyebrows and Helen with the final touches to the dress. When Pippa goes to check on the three of them, they are finally ready and only have to put on their masks. Luckily Pippa helps them with that. "Now, hurry up. Helen, Johanna, you go downstairs. Carlotta, June will be here soon and then we can introduce you to the world." Immediately Carlotta starts shaking and her resting pulse of 140 doesn't make it any better. Her aunt puts a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. Gratefully, she tries to smile, but she can't even manage that anymore because of her excitement. "It's going to be all right. Just think you're standing on a stage in the theatre playing the lead," Pippa says quietly and Carlotta's pulse calms a little.
When June arrives at their house a little out of breath, Carlotta is not really ready to step out in front of the world, but the two sisters pull her along with them. As she appears at the top of the stairs to the ballroom, the crowd below falls silent and looks up at her. "Lady Carlotta Kaichonski-Warren with ladies Pippa and June Kaichonski-Warren," an announcement rings out. Confidently, Carlotta strides down the grand staircase, but trips over her long dress just before the end and would fall if she wasn't still holding onto the banister. The TV cameras make her a little nervous, but she remains herself and tries not to let on.
The music starts and June begins to move around the ballroom with Benedict, while Pippa joins a boy and talks to him briefly. He nods briefly and then walks carefully to Carlotta. Bowing to her, he gives her a kiss on the hand. "My lady, may I have this dance?" Carlotta nods and allows herself to be pulled onto the dance floor.

Langsam drehen sich die beiden umeinander und wirken sehr vertraut, obwohl sie sich doch nicht kennen, oder etwa doch? Sie tanzen lange und als sie die Tanzpartner wechseln, finden sie nach nur einem Tanz schnell wieder zusammen.
Als Carlotta sich an den Tresen stellt, verwickelt ein schon leicht angetrunkener Mann sie in ein Gespräch und wird dabei sehr aufdringlich. Als er ihr immer näherkommt und Carlotta schon leicht zurückweicht, riecht sie schon seine ordentliche Fahne. „Bitte, lassen Sie mich in Ruhe und gehen Sie duschen, um einen klaren Gedanken zu fassen!" Doch er kommt immer weiter auf sie zu und steht bald direkt vor ihr. Die anderen Gäste bemerken es nicht. Der Junge steht in der Nähe und kommt gleich zu Carlotta, als der Mann handgreiflich wird. Doch sie kann sich sehr gut wehren und braucht eigentlich nicht die Hilfe des Jungen. Nachdem der Mann weggebracht wurde, ertönt die Durchsage, dass es um zwölf zur Demaskierung aller Gesichter kommt. Carlotta sieht kurz auf die große Uhr in dem Ballsaal und stellt fest, dass die Zeit sehr schnell verflogen ist. Nur noch eine Stunde, bis sie endlich herausfindet, wer der fremde, jedoch sehr charmante Junge ist, mit dem sie den Abend verbracht hat.
Als eine Stunde und einige Tänze später die große Turmuhr zwölf schlägt, nehmen alle die Masken ab. Carlotta starrt den Jungen ihr gegenüber fassungslos an. Er blickt leicht bedrückt und ängstlich in ihre Augen. Sie muss sich beherrschen, um ihm nicht eine zu knallen und ihn anzuschreien. Leise flüstert er: „Können wir raus gehen und das alles klären? Bitte?!" Sie nickt und zieht ihn hinter sich her auf ihr Zimmer. Viele der Gäste starren den beiden hinterher. Carlotta führt ihn durch die vielen Gänge, am Kaminzimmer vorbei und weiter zu ihrem Zimmer. Unterwegs treffen sie noch auf Helen und einen Jungen aus dem Dorf. Helen starrt Luke genauso fassungslos an, wie Carlotta es zuvor noch gemacht hat.