Happy End?

picked up the same evening by Mr. and Mrs. Dorn, who are more than pissed, but their mood is still a little dampened. But Mrs Niebeck and Mr Folks have not yet cancelled the dance and so, as soon as they are all dry, it is time to change and get ready for the party. The girls hurry and after only an hour they are standing perfectly styled next to the boys waiting for the others.
Luke whispers in Carlotta's ear: "I love you and am so proud of you. You showed Vera, didn't completely freak out when she told me... you know what.... And now we're rid of her." Carlotta nods and looks again at his cheek, which she caught a little harder than she meant to earlier. Fortunately there is no more than a small red spot left.
When the others arrive with their teachers, they can finally get going. No sooner have they arrived at the dance bar than a surprise awaits Petra. Hugo doesn't have school the next day and couldn't resist going to Lahr to spend the last evening with Petra. As soon as she catches sight of him, she runs up to him and jumps on him. Hugo presses a kiss on her cheek and smiles. They haven't seen each other for only six days, but it seemed like an eternity to both of them.
Soon Helen and Charlie are drawn to the dance floor and Jonas and Anastasia soon follow them. Without paying attention to whether anyone sees them, Helen and Charlie kiss on the dance floor and look into each other's eyes in love. Most of the others' jaws drop, but Luke and Carlotta stand by, grinning and giving each other high fives. Eventually the others are drawn to the dance floor and the teachers do a few stiff dances too.

The last evening passes far too quickly and soon it's time to go home and sleep so that they can leave on time the next morning. Hugo says goodbye to the others and drives to his motel, where he has booked in for the night.
Luke accompanies Carlotta to her cottage and wishes her a good night. He is already turning around when he remembers something else. "I'm so glad you got through that earlier with Vera so well. With your ban on sports." She smiles. Actually, she notices her stomach again, but hides it from Luke. She doesn't want him to worry unnecessarily.
She spends the night more or less completely sleepless because of the pain and the next morning she doesn't dare get up at all. But she takes a painkiller and starts packing her suitcase.
She doesn't let on at breakfast, and then it's time to get on the bus and go. Carlotta has confided in Helen and told her about the pain. Of course Helen understands why she didn't tell Luke and says she has to talk to Maria Giesmas about it. Carlotta wants to do the same once they are back home.
The bus ride passes uneventfully and after a few hours they are back in front of the school. Luke's parents are already waiting for them with some other parents and immediately embrace them. Especially after the hospital stay that Mrs Niebeck told them about on the phone, they are glad that the two have arrived home safe and sound.
In the evening, Carlotta has hardly eaten anything, Luke's mother comes to see her again. "If anything is wrong, you know you can talk to me," she says. Carlotta nods and says, "You mustn't tell Luke. But then yesterday with Vera was a bit tiring and sporty and I'm noticing the spot on my stomach again..." Maria immediately looks at her and says, "Okay, you stay in bed for the weekend, Luke stays out. It's not a big deal, but you need to rest. Now don't ask me why Luke should stay out, I'm not stupid and I know what you've already done." Carlotta looks at her foster mother gratefully and hugs her.
She knows she won't say anything to Luke. She doesn't know whether his parents will let them move out now, but she doesn't care, the main thing is that the problem with Vera is in the past.
Carlotta then spends the weekend exclusively in bed and thus misses the end of the summer. But she doesn't care, she has learned so many new things in this special summer, found herself and discovered that she is not just a normal girl who can't do anything about anything, but is destined for something much greater, even if she doesn't yet know what. She has made new friends and finally got Vera out of the way. She finally knows that her love for Luke is truly beyond all limits and that she cannot live without him.