Chapter 31 - 40

Chapter 31 - Sangyu International Bilingual Academy (1)

The school Lin Qi wanted to visit was a private boarding high school in the Mentougou district of Beijing, located near Tanzhe Temple, which was said to have partnerships with several famous universities in the United States and had sent many children from wealthy families to attend university abroad.

Although it was a high school, it had an elite sounding name as an academy. Buried deep in the mountains at the junction of the North China Plain and the Mongolian Plateau, it was like a small island in a sea of trees. There were a few villages scattered around, the largest of which was Sangyu village. Although it was in Beijing, it looked as if they had been sent to the borderlands.

Looking at the map on his phone, Chu Yang murmured in disbelief, "You're going to this place in the middle of nowhere?"

"Come on, this area has been developing rapidly in the past few years, okay." Lin Qi was just about to take the last piece of ribs when his chopsticks met Bai Dian's and they had another chopstick fight that ended with Bai Dian winning the rib.

Chu Yang hesitated, "But has the matter with Fuzi Hospital been resolved? Chen Yi is still there, what if that person shows up again? I'm worried."

"The people from the Holy Inferno Ministry have already gone over, with them guarding the place Chaos Temple wouldn't dare to be that reckless." Lin Qi took out a napkin and wiped his mouth, "It's useless for us to wait there. The last live broadcast was very well received and the income was very good, your popularity has soared and lots of people want to see what the other you really looks like. I think we should strike while the iron is hot and do another job."

Bai Dian spoke breezily from the side, "No wonder you insisted on including me, are you trying to create a CP war to stir up the heat?"

"Exactly, this is a great opportunity." Seeing that Chu Yang still looked skeptical, Lin Qi continued to persuade, "This way we'll make more money and you can get a bigger share, right?"

As expected, Chu Yang sighed, "Alright, do we need to prepare anything?"

"I've already contacted the people at the school. Now that the school has just gone on winter break, quite a few of the students have gone home, only the international students and the second and third year students who are taking extra classes haven't left yet. We'll be there for two or three days, just bring some clothes, first aid kit, sleeping bag and whatnot."

"Wait a minute..... the school really agreed to let you in?" Chu Yang frowned, wouldn't the school try to keep their distance from supernatural related things?"

"Normal schools definitely wouldn't let us in, but this school is one of the multiversal observation points and is guarded by our Elders Council, so there are people from our side in the higher levels of the school's management. The whole live broadcast will be on the dark web too, so don't worry about being reported." Bai Dian explained.

Lin Qi nodded, then stood up and went to the study to get a notebook and a few printed documents and put them on the still uncleared dining table, spreading out the printouts one by one, all of which seemed to be blurry photos.

"Most of the people sent to this school are rich kids who disobeyed their parents or failed their secondary school exams. There's no wifi in the school, the only way to get online is to go to the library and there's a two-hour time limit and you're not allowed to use your phone during the week. There isn't even a kiosk for miles around, so even if a student sneaks out of school, there's nowhere for them to go. In short, it's a place for rich people who have money but no time to raise children and they dump their bratty kids on this place. The school is also divided into a boys' campus and a girls' campus to prevent young love, with a wall between them and lots of broken glass sticking out the top to stop them climbing over." Lin Qi said, shaking his head sympathetically, "It's a place where the students are watched like prisoners."