Chapter 41 - 50

TL note: For those who have been reading along during the release, I have now changed 'multi-dimensional observers' to 'multiversal observers'.

Chapter 41 - Sangyu International Bilingual Academy (11)

Without Ren Hao controlling them, the students suddenly fell to the ground like puppets with broken strings and those who were standing on the steps tumbled straight down and were sure to be bruised in the morning. The students, who had been affected by the contaminated reality and whose mental strength was extremely low, staggered to their feet again, as if dragged by invisible threads and stumbled into the dormitory rooms, where they fell onto their beds like corpses. Only after all this had happened did the yellow glow in Bai Dian's eyes fade, his long hair sticking to his sweaty face and his expression looking as bad as if he had been sick.

Chu Yang hurriedly supported him while he was unstable from dizziness, when he saw that Lin Qi had already rushed towards Ren Hao and put something in his mouth. Ren Hao had stopped twitching, but it wasn't clear if he was dead or alive.

"How is he?" Chu Yang asked loudly.

Lin Qi said, "He's still alive. He doesn't seem to have a death spell on him."

Bai Dian had recovered slightly, but he was still feigning weakness by leaning on Chu Yang's shoulder and when Lin Qi wasn't looking, he put his arm around Chu Yang's waist, "He's alive? That's good, we can bring him back to the Elders Council for questioning."

Chu Yang wasn't at all aware that he was being felt up, still looking at Lin Qi with a serious face, "Just now he said he had a superior who would be coming, could it be a level five observer?"

With Lin Qi and Bai Dian's current state, it would be difficult to defeat a level five observer, unless Lin Qi unsealed himself once more, but since he wanted to hide his status as a level five observer, repeatedly unsealing it must be risky and looking at Lin Qi's complexion, unsealing it and closing it again would consume a lot of his life force.

Perhaps...... he should go to the music classroom? Since the contaminated nearby reality had a cello, the music classroom here would have one too?

Then, Bai Dian spoke with a somewhat weak voice, "Don't worry, I've already informed Director Zhao, he's got people rushing over. There's no cars on the road now that it's late at night, so they should be here in about an hour. I'm sure R'lyeh's people will have received the news as well and wouldn't easily dare to clash with them head-on."

Chu Yang sighed with relief and looked at Bai Dian with concern again, "How are you?"

Bai Dian again feigned being weak and leaned his head towards Chu Yang's shoulder, "Fine, just that my head is dizzy......"

Lin Qi's expression was poor as he walked up to Bai Dian and Chu Yang, his eyes almost igniting, crossing his arms and sneering, "Have you not had enough of pretending?"

Bai Dian opened his eyes slightly as if he was on his dying breath. "Who's pretending!? I'm dying of exhaustion! First, I had to help you close the reality, then I had to control all those students. How many of my brain cells must have been killed off? No sympathy at all!"

Chu Yang said, "Can I help you lie down and rest for a while?"

Bai Dian nodded his head pitifully and with that delicate and beautiful but somewhat pale face, he became more and more charming. Chu Yang was truly fooled by Bai Dian's acting skills, and thoughtfully helped Bai Dian towards the nearest empty bedroom and that brat Bai Dian even smugly lifted his eyes to glance at Lin Qi. Lin Qi felt a burning rage rushing to the sky and stretched out his foot to trio him. He heard Bai Dian let out an "Ouch!!!".