Chapter 141 - 150

Chapter 141 - Lin Qiao (2)

The second time Lin Qiao and Chu Yu met was when the Elders Council, caught in the middle of the tensions between the Holy Inferno Ministry and Chaos Temple, asked Lin Qiao to come to give them advice.

At that time, Antonio wasn't the Grand Elder, instead it was a sixty-one year old Italian playwright called Octavia Vinier. Under her rule the Council was still predominantly conservative and the radicals were suppressed. If members had radical tendencies they didn't dare to show them.

This conflict between the Holy Inferno Ministry and Chaos Temple began with an incident at a multiversal observation point. There had been some dispute over the ownership of a motel in the United States that was a multiversal observation point, so when four tourists disappeared from the motel one after another, both the Holy Inferno Ministry and Chaos Temple sent people to investigate. Somehow a fight occured and one of Chaos Temple's level three observers was accidentally killed. Chaos Temple thought the Ministry had committed a deliberate murder, while the Ministry said it was an unfortunate accident. Chaos Temple demanded that the Holy Inferno Ministry give up ten multiversal observation points to compensate them, but the Ministry refused.

Lin Qiao sat in his chair and listened with interest to the fifth level observer, Chu Yu, as he reported on the incident. In fact, he already knew the whole story as he had spies and followers all over the Four Grand Orders, but he still pretended to be interested and asked questions from time to time.

After hearing the report, Octavia said, "Half of the Elders now believe we shouldn't get involved in the dispute between the two Orders, but the parents of the deceased were both important members of Chaos Temple and although they weren't of high observational rank, they were very powerful in the secular world and made things easier for Chaos Temple. So if Chaos Temple uses this to make a big deal out of it to avenge the third level observer and start a war between the two Orders, it will endanger the stability of our whole reality."

Lin Qiao said, "I would like to visit that multiversal observation point."

Octavia was a little surprised, "Of course you can if it's you. However the room has been sealed off by the police due to a death taking place so I'll need to find someone to clear it."

"There's no need for that." Lin Qiao looked at Chu Yu, "Mr. Chu has already visited the scene before, I would like you to accompany me on this trip."

Chu Yu unexpectedly looked at Lin Qiao, looking at the other party's soul-stirring deep pupils, his heart actually beating slightly faster, "Okay..... that's fine."

During the flight to the United States, Lin Qiao learned that Chu Yu's wife had passed away two years ago and he only had a young son who was left in the care of the family's trusted nanny when he left home on business. When he spoke of his late wife, there was a hint of suppressed sadness in Chu Yu's eyes, a restrained melancholy that gave Lin Qiao a strange feeling for the first time. On the one hand, he wanted to make him feel better, but on the other hand, he was attracted by the blue fragrance emanating from his melancholy mood.

After experiencing so many realities, Lin Qiao already knew that Chu Yu's strength couldn't be underestimated. His Stigmata was the rare Twin Obscenities and his mastery of the race descended from the King in Yellow was out of this world. He was able to erase and modify peoples' memories on a large scale and even modify the emotions associated with them. Without such strong observational power, it wouldn't have been possible for him to repeatedly thwart his attempts to destroy Chu Yang. However, he hadn't expected that after meeting him in person, Chu Yu would be of such a gentle and cordial nature, and courteous to anyone regardless of their status.