Chapter 161 - 170

Chapter 161 - Madness (5)

The Prophet's appearance meant that Lin Qiao was about to strike too. The two of them facing off had meant the arrival of a doomsday in the past.

This, however, has also stirred up even greater panic. Not just in Britain, but also in the United States across the ocean, where there were already proposals to launch a nuclear bomb, regardless of whether it would wipe out the entire civilian population of Nottingham.

It wasn't just nearly half of the American public who supported this, but several other governments as well. The British government, already on the verge of collapse, strongly opposed this strategy of "sacrificing one country to save the world" and threatened that Britain would not stand by and watch such evil, but everyone knew how pale their threats were when the security of the Crown wasn't even guaranteed.

Under the shadow of the world's destruction, plans for a nuclear strike against the area in Britain where the Prophet was located were already in motion.

The majority of the Elders Council and the Holy Inferno Ministry were trapped in Nottingham. Since the appearance of the Prophet, it was impossible for the multiversal observers to abandon the city and flee to another reality, because the Prophet's overwhelming power of observation had trapped all the observers in their native reality and no one, including the Grand Elder, could break through his blockade. With the two leaders trapped in Nottingham and R'lyeh already annexed by the Devourers, only the High Priest of Chaos Temple remained in North America, directing the Four Orders in their battles against the Devourers on other fronts. He was now the only one left who could stop the nuclear strike.

Xiao Yiquan and Xu Bai soon heard the news since they had returned to their own reality with the refugees. Xiao Yiquan had tried several times to contact the High Priest of Chaos Temple using the Elders Council's mobile phone, but no one had responded to him at all.

Bai Dian stared at the candlelight on the table in front of him, his delicate brow furrowing as the unanswered message came over the loudspeaker again. They were in a small town near Windsor, where the power had been out for days as the whole of England had been paralysed and everyone was relying on the most primitive methods of lighting. Convenience stores and shops had been looted by townspeople and refugees alike and there was no way to control them. It was as if the people knew the end was near and in their panic, they had all lost their civilised masks and become primitive beasts who would do anything to survive, even robbing old women in their nineties of their useless money.

At night, no one dared to leave their houses. Boards were nailed to the doors and windows. The only people who no one dared to rob were the multiversal observers. They were feared and hated by the zero level observers.

Although the two of them had been responsible for escorting the refugees, during this time of dependence, Bai Dian could feel the growing resentment of those people towards them. They had even heard people talking behind their backs, saying that it was because they had crossed paths with people from another reality that people had stopped taking in refugees.

This made no sense. They had worked so hard to help them, but they ended up being hated instead? Was it because themselves and the Devourers were too mysterious and strange for the zero level observers? Or was it because, as the radicals said, the zero level observers didn't see them as their own kind either? Bai Dian didn't understand, but he could feel that some kind of dark malice was silently brewing, slowly gathering around him and Xiao Yiquan like smoke.

"Yiquan." Bai Dian suddenly stood up and walked over to the doctor who was still standing by the window and kept trying to call Chaos Temple. He wrapped his arms around the latter's waist from behind and placed his chin on Xiao Yiquan's shoulder.