Chapter 11 - 20

Chapter 11 - De Rosa Hotel (11)

The people who had somehow entered a completely strange parallel reality from twenty years ago were terrified. A few of them took the lead by shouting that they wanted to go back, while a few others were at loggerheads, saying that if they did they would be eaten by the creatures. One woman was so angry that she pulled her child along and was about to leave, saying she was going to get help from the police, but Lin Qi stopped her.

"If you want to return to your own reality, the less contact you have with the people of this present reality, the better. Otherwise if you're 'assimilated' into this reality, it will be difficult to get back."

As he said this, there was a momentary silence from the crowd, but soon after a small, middle-aged man asked alertly, "What are you? What's with your hand?"

Lin Qi was about to answer, but Chu Yang spoke up first, "He's my friend, he's a psychic. He knows a lot more about this stuff."

He was afraid that Lin Qi would add to the trouble by using language that people from twenty years ago wouldn't understand, such as "live streaming" and "internet celebrity". It was already enough of a headache with these eleven people around.

Elijah, fearing that they would be useless, asked, "What are you planning to do? Can we still get back?"

Chu Yang glanced at Lin Qi and said, "I have to go back for my friends."

Lin Qi shrugged like he didn't care, "I can help make sure that the reality facilitates your return. The only thing is...... there is a price that each of you must pay."

Elijah's face instantly dropped, "What price?"

"Saliva from each of you."

"Huh?" Everyone, including Elijah, looked at him with a bewildered expression.

Even Chu Yang hissed through his teeth, "What do you need something that disgusting for?"

With an extremely normal expression, Lin Qi said, "If I want to find you, I have to be able to locate you. People's faces may look the same, their names may be the same, but their DNA definitely isn't the same. Even if it's the same person in a different reality, the DNA mutations can't be exactly the same so I can pinpoint the location of each and every one of you."

"DNA? You can even fucking detect DNA? The more I hear the more I think you're a phoney......" Chu Yang had started to believe him after seeing his abilities, but now the more he heard the more disbelieving he felt.

Lin Qi came closer to him and whispered, "I don't have that ability, but they do." He said, holding up his right hand and wiggling his fingers nimbly in front of him.

The thought of his hand corrupted by an alien parasite beneath those gloves made Chu Yang break out in a sweat.

Although it felt unreliable, it was this young man who reeked of narcissism that had just saved them. Now they were clueless and he was the only one they could rely on. After a brief discussion, Chu Yang decided to go downstairs and find an umbrella that was big enough and a vessel that could hold the saliva. Lin Qi, on the other hand, insisted on going with him, saying something about his current unstable state and his fear that he might accidentally run off into another reality.

Although displeased, he had to admit that he really had encountered too many strange things in the past two days...... What did this influencer used to do before? How did he develop his so-called "ghost seeing" ability so thoroughly?