Chapter 131 - 140

Chapter 131

Although the Prophet had told Chu Yang to rest, he had no time to do so.

The young man named Park Yoo-joon, who had helped him back to the Devourers' city, had brought Chu Yang a walking stick on the Prophet's orders, saying that it would help him walk. At this moment, leaning on that walking stick and with a mask on his face, Chu Yang was walking through the marketplace of fish and dragons[1], a narrow and bustling mix of stalls and sundries. Due to the increasing number of Devourers, this small mobile city had been formed and given rise to this marketplace of vendors. Creatures of different races gathered here and conflicts occured from time to time, making it the most lively and bustling place in the whole of the Devourer city.

All this he saw in the other Chu Yang's consciousness. He remembered that there was a tower to the West of the marketplace that stored codices, magical books or crystals of strange energy and wisdom that the Devourers had brought back from the various realities they had destroyed. There he hoped to find one of the copies of The King in Yellow, preferably one more powerful than the English copies and even better if it was yellowed paper written in the script of the Ancients that had appeared before the history of mankind.

He had learned by now that for observers, sometimes it wasn't even necessary to read a language completely. He could connect with the ancient messages through the power carried by the words themselves, which was perhaps even more effective than reading them.

If he had remained in the Elders Council, under Antonio's control, he would never get the opportunity to read the complete and more powerful copy of The King in Yellow. Antonio would never allow him out of his grasp.

He needed to know why the King in Yellow had put the Necronomicon inside him. What did that ragged wind of death have in store for him?

As he travelled, both the observers and the divine races automatically made way in front of him, as if they were afraid of him. The only ones who were less afraid of him were the Tindalos Hounds that swarmed out of the corners and passed him by like a river of darkness without a second thought. Their stench was hot and sour, conjuring up images of thick acid and rotting bones.

"Priest Chu." Someone called after him.

Chu Yang had no choice but to stop in his tracks and turn his head slightly.

It was indeed Priest Yan, the Devourer version of Priest Yan. The other party's handsome but always deceitful face wore a gentle smile and he was followed by a few level four observers walking towards him. His eyes fell on Chu Yang's cane and he said with mock concern, "I heard that you were injured in a fight against a level four you but I didn't believe it. Were you injured that badly? Have you had a doctor take a look at it?"

Outwardly caring, but actually mocking him.

Chu Yang said, "He wasn't level four, he was level five."

"It seems that the Necronomicon is indeed quite powerful. No wonder you've been looking for it." Priest Yan approached him and patted his shoulder in a pretend affectionate manner, "If there's anything you need help with, just ask."

Chu Yang turned his head slightly, as if he was looking at the spot where he had been patted on the shoulder with a hint of cold disgust. With a sneer he said, "Thank you for your kindness, but you should think about how you're going to get rid of the you in reality 35. He's still alive and kicking after all this time and it doesn't look good in front of the Prophet."

Priest Yan still smiled, "I thank Priest Chu for your concern. The road is slippery on this side, you should walk carefully and don't push yourself."

After saying that, he nodded his head again in greeting and left with his own people.