Chapter 91 - 100

Chapter 91 - Yuantou Village (4)

As soon as Lin Qi opened his mouth, all eyes fell on him and Chu Yang.

The Village Chief's son's eyes immediately widened, "What are you still doing here? Didn't you come to see that fake Taoist priest?"

Lin Qi looked very different from his humble appearance from before. Now he had his hands cupped towards the old Village Chief, looking like a profoundly old man and said, "I had originally intended to expose that fake Taoist priest's tricks, but it seems that the 'fox spirit' has been a help. To be frank, I'm in the business of exorcising demons and purging ghosts as well."

However, the Village Chief became more and more wary, his face clouded with gloom and he stared fiercely at his son, "Did you let them in?"

Xue Jun immediately looked a little guilty and whispered to the Village Chief, "They said that someone in their family was possessed and wanted to see how the Taoist Master exorcised the demons, so I let them in because they were begging for mercy."

The Village Chief looked like he wanted to give his son a good beating, but then he looked up and winked at a few tall village men at the door. The men immediately approached Lin Qi and Chu Yang with an unfriendly look on their faces. The Village Chief said, "We don't welcome outsiders here, please leave."

Faced with these tall and powerful men, Chu Yang complained internally. If they really got into a fight, he and Lin Qi would only end up being used as sandbags. However, Lin Qi remained looking calm and unhurried, as if victory was in the bag and said to the Village Chief with a smile, "It's to be expected that you won't believe me with only empty words. How about this; you guys can pick one of the possessed people for me to try, and if I don't succeed, then you can kick us out, but if I do succeed, we can discuss it further. How does that sound?"

The Village Chief seemed unmoved, but then an old woman in her sixties suddenly begged, "Village Chief, it's been days, there's nothing else we can do, why don't we let him try?"

As soon as she spoke, several other female family members followed suit. The crowd was buzzing, saying that it wouldn't matter if they tried anyway, at the worst they would just kick him out.

When the Village Chief saw this, he thought about it some more. After whispering a few words to a few villagers who were close to him, he looked up, "It won't hurt to let you try. You don't look like a Taoist at your age, so at least tell us your exorcism process so that we can have an idea in our minds."

"I won't need a shrine nor a peach wood dagger, an incense burner or anything like that, I'll just talk to them." Lin Qi said.

The crowd was sceptical, so the Village Chief paced up and down to the four people who were still peacefully tied to the chairs, looked around at them then reached out to point at the middle-aged man in his thirties or forties, "Very well, you can try it on him."

Lin Qi nodded slightly, tugged at Chu Yang and came out of the crowd. He whispered to Chu Yang, "If in a moment you feel something like a headache or something poking your temples, reveal the tattoo on your arm."

Chu Yang asked, "Do you know what it is that's possessing them?"

"I still have to confirm it. Don't worry." Lin Qi said, gently squeezing his palm before turning around and facing the middle-aged man.

The middle-aged man was still looking at him with that slightly dull gaze. The teenager's eyes, on the other hand, were firmly fixed on the duo of Lin Qi and Chu Yang.

Lin Qi smiled slightly and opened his mouth, but what came out was a strange sound between speech and chanting, echoing and euphonious, with a deep and introspective beauty. It wasn't the secret language of the Elders Council, nor was it the language of the Elder Things. As soon as Lin Qi spoke, the expressions of the four people being helped all suddenly changed, as if an arcane light was coming out of their originally dull eyes.