Chapter 13

The unpleasant incident occurred while eating pizza with Lucien. Bad luck suddenly struck like lightning. A brief account of the incident where more than a dozen Lilith members flew at once was that they had an accident on an uncontrollable scale at the school level.
Perhaps no details were given due to the efforts of the school and the parents, but the truth is that most of them dropped out or moved, separated and Lilith is left with half of the members.
No one knew what the accident had been or how it had happened. Of course, for their future, it would be good for everyone to bury unpleasant events as soon as possible and in depth. It was also what they wanted.
The other students were also investigated. Lucien was among the students lucky enough not to join the group. Of course, he was out at the time. And he witnessed his alibi at the time. Lucien had to write an apology letter because it was against the rules to go in through the window after lights out, but it wasn't a harsh punishment.
And then, big and small events broke out, and one, two or three people disappeared at the same time. As a result, only five members of the club remain, which before exceeded dozens. And they also did not know when and how it would go bad.
Curiously, Lucien was one of the few remaining members. If this happens, won't Lucien be the president soon? If it's the latter, it's possible. He realized it shortly after thinking about it with a dull mind.
The two months he promised were coming to an end. And meanwhile, one by one, they left the school and finally, the only member of Lilith on campus was Lucien. It was exactly one month and 20 days after Lucien left the rowing team. And Lilith's club, which was the honor, tradition and pride of the school that began with the birth of the institution, completely disappeared into the background of history. That was less than two months after Lucien joined the club.
"Is it true that Lilith is gone?"
He sighed and rubbed his fingers between his brows at the sudden high-pitched voice. Since morning the same question had haunted him. When he walked into class, everyone and he made an effort to say the same thing.
In a sense, it is natural. Dally was a stranger, but he was around all these clubmates and he used to hang out with them. Until he claimed to be a friend to bring Lucien to the team.
But he's a stranger all the same. As for Lilith, he didn't know as much as the others. On the contrary, I only know superficially to the extent that others know.
Of course, I'm curious. How did a club over 50 years old disappear in an instant?
But there was no one left to ask. Because all the members have already left the school.
Except one, Lucien Hurst.
Now only one question remained. Will he really return to the rowing team as promised?
The answer was immediate. One day, when more than half of the ice on the lake had melted, he went back to the rowing team. The only member and president of Lilith, holding all of its positions.
It was exactly two months after leaving the team.
Dilly.
Lucien, who arrived at the practice room, called out to him first. They all looked at him sheepishly, but Lucien walked right up to him and hugged him without hesitation.
"I've missed you".
"Uh huh..."
He was puzzled by the sudden situation and reacted vaguely. He clumsily patted her on the back, and Emilio, who had just entered the practice room, pretended to meet him happily.
"Luth, you're back! Welcome back, we've all been waiting for you!"
Not many people were sympathetic to the comment, but Lucien didn't seem to care much either.
"I think you've gotten taller. Have you practiced a lot? I hope your skills improve a lot."
Lucien didn't take it that way even though it was a friendly word. The expression of frowning at Emilio says, 'What are you? Get out of here right now' because it was clear.
"Now, what are you all doing? To your posts, let's go!"
The float, which appeared just in time, applauded and evoked the surroundings. Watching the men clumsily make their way to their seats, she belatedly found Lucien, stopped, then quickly looked away.
As much as you don't expect anything from Luth, isn't that attitude a bit harsh?
She resented the fact that she ignored Lucien for no reason. But it wasn't enough to start a fight with the trainer, the irritation just had to be absorbed by his mind. Outrage out of nowhere was directed elsewhere. When he saw the guy who was about to sit next to him, he suddenly spat.
"Why are you sitting here? Go there."
Not only did he stare back at her, but the others looked at him as well. The hesitant looked around with a perplexed expression, fixed his eyes again, and pointed his second finger at her chest. As if she was talking to him. He didn't bother to take the bluntness of her tone and fired.
"Yeah, I mean you. Why are you sitting here? This is Luth's seat. Now that Luth is here, I'm going to have to get out of the way."
"That?"
The guy gasped like it was amazing. But it didn't end there, she turned her head and called Luth.
"Lucien, what are you doing? Come quickly."
Lucien's face, which had been held at a distance for some time, brightened greatly. Lucien, who ran quickly as if he had been waiting for him, looked at him and immediately sat down. The one who had been hit trying to sit down stared incredulously at Lucien's face and quickly shook his head, turning around and looking for an empty seat. Then he sat down and they all went back to their work and entertained themselves for a while, posing or riding the machine.
"If it's hard for you to do it, don't go too far."
After confirming that he was almost ready, he asked one last time. Lucien nodded, still bright-faced. Soon after, the coach blew the whistle and training finally began.

* * * * *

"Sighing."
As soon as the notification for the end of practice sounded, there was a noise of heavy breathing here and there and a fall. But since he couldn't afford to delay, he forced himself to his feet and began to walk. Lucien followed close behind as well. The sight made him laugh carelessly. Lucien smiled at her too. Somehow it reminded her of Elliott and she stroked his head without much thought.
"Today you have driven very well. You have practiced a lot.
"I told you I would do it".
Lucien opened his chest and said proudly. It was like looking at his little brother too. But he deserved to have that confidence. To his surprise, today Lucien has not fallen from the machine. Before, it was a daily routine to slip off the seat and scream several times a day, and it was really amazing. And it has not failed with the handlebars. He has done it perfectly from start to finish. I was amazed and proud that he worked so hard, so no amount of praise was enough. When she saw Lucien's proud smile, she praised her again for doing well, and her eyes met Emilio's as he walked by.
Emilio smiled and greeted him with his eyes. He was also smiling face to face, and that alone made her heart pound like crazy. For a few seconds that passed without any conversation, her head went white with excitement.
"...this, Dally."
Lucien was looking at him when he woke up to the call. He smiled awkwardly and stroked her head roughly, for the way he was frowning seemed to be in a bad mood.
"I'm glad my skills have improved a lot. Now I just need to get into the rhythm."
Until now he seemed to lack a lot of physical strength. The first few times it seemed that they were very even, but he soon felt sorry for him when he remembered him, who was left behind and kept losing pace. Still, the stance is enough and he didn't fall behind halfway through the practice and he did it to the end, so that's enough. There are still months left, so he'll be able to catch you up in the meantime.
Anyway, he's a reserve member.
He let it go and slowly stopped moving. He walked here, so he was going to come back now, but Lucien immediately asked.
"Dally, why don't we go get some ice cream?"
"Frozen?"
When he asked surprised by the sudden suggestion, he nodded his head.
"I want to eat. Let's hang out for a while. What do you think?"
"I".
It's not that hard to get permission to go out. He wanted to stop resting because he was so tired, but it was the day that Lucien was coming back to the rowing team for the first time in a long time and tomorrow was the weekend, so there wasn't much of a rush. He thought about it for a moment and then I nodded.
"Yeah, let's do it."
It was then that Lucien's eyes sparkled and he smiled brightly. Suddenly, someone spoke to him from behind.
"Dally, what are you doing? Aren't you going?"
When he turned his head, Brad, one of the rowers, was looking at him. He looked at him willingly and answered him.
"Oh, I have to go. I'm going to get ready now."
He greeted him lightly and tried to turn around, but before he spoke first.
"If everything is fine, why don't we go out together?" I'm so hungry I'm going to eat something."
"Oh me..."
It was when he tried to say that he had a previous engagement. Suddenly Emilio interrupted.
"Are you going to eat?" So can I come with you?"
Suddenly, his ears went wide open. Will Emilio join?
"Dally."
He could hear a small whisper from below. Lucien glanced at him and shook his head as he looked down nonchalantly. The appointment with me is the first thing . He said that, but he couldn't easily deny it. That wasn't breaking promise with Lucien either. Now he could only make a suggestion.
"We were going to go get ice cream, but should the four of us go?"
"Dally!"
"I like it".
"Me too".
Lucien was the only one who reacted negatively. Both Brad and Emilio, who were the first to ask, nodded, and their response was even more pronounced. He convinced Lucien with a wry smile.
"It's more fun when there are more people, isn't it?"
"But you promised me."
Lucien said stubbornly. Brad, who was looking at them alternately, quickly interrupted.
"I drive a place, we go together." Hey? How about?"
He jerked a thumb to himself and lifted his chin as if for them to follow, but Lucien's reaction remained.
"We've already talked about going there alone."
He was headstrong and never tried to break his stubbornness. In fact, it might be unpleasant to have a different person join. It's not that he didn't understand his way of thinking, but giving up Emilio was a new choice for him. As a result, his choice was bound to be one.
"Let's go out together, Luth. Brad drives too."
It's cowardly, but here I am putting Lucien's irresistible conditions at stake.
"I'm too tired to drive."
When she added an apology and I'm sorry, a blush appeared on Lucien's normally pale face. She paused for a moment when she saw him clearly angry. When he thought about it, Lucien suddenly lowered his eyes.
"...I have it."
At the murmur of the words, her anxious mind disappeared. Feeling relieved inside, he hugged his shoulder on impulse and pulled him into his arms lightly.
"Thank you, let's go out together next time."
It was a promise she couldn't say when it would be, but Lucien seemed to believe it. Nodding silently, she followed Brad and Emilio out of the practice room. When he saw Emilio get into the back seat, he followed quickly, and just as he was about to close the car door, Lucien jumped in.
"That?"
Lucien immediately raised his head and looked up at him when he made a sound of embarrassment at being caught in the middle. As if something happened. He forced himself to smile and point to the passenger seat.
"Wouldn't it be better to sit there?" It's too tight for the three of us."
"I'm going to sit here. If it's too small, you can go ahead."
Lucien immediately leaned out and pointed at Emilio. Emilio, who was preparing to leave with his seatbelt fastened, widened his eyes in surprise at the sudden arrow.
"Oh me?"
"Yeah you. What are you doing? Hurry up and move on, Dally says it's tight."
Emilio looked at him as if wondering what that meant. I couldn't back out of this situation because Dally wanted to sit with Emilio too.
"Luth, don't do that, and move on."
"I don't like it. Why are you doing this to me?"
Lucien gave little sign of backing down. Starting the car in the driver's seat, Brad glanced back and frowned. What the hell are you doing ? Dally just shook his head because he didn't know what to do either.
"Luth, we're going to be late at this rate. The restaurant will be closing soon."
"So go ahead. What are you doing, hurry up."
"You're the last one. What are you talking about?"
Emilio was offended with his usual bad temper. It was the first time I had seen him with a friendly smile, but even that was cute. When she inadvertently opened her mouth, Lucien suddenly grabbed her hair.
"Oh! What are you doing?"
Despite his cries of surprise, Lucien yanked on him with enormous force. As he was dragged out of the car after being caught in the back of the neck, he hesitated for a moment. Meanwhile, Lucien quickly got into the car and closed the rear seat door.
"What are you doing? Luth, Lucien!"
He belatedly tried to open the door, but it only clicked and didn't budge. Lucien closed the car door. He couldn't even tell what the hell he was doing this. I was opening my mouth because it was unbelievable, and Brad, who was sitting in the driver's seat, screamed.
"Come in, Dally! I'm going to close the door!"
I still felt a tingling in the back of my neck. There was plenty of evidence that the situation was real, but it was still unbelievable. Only after Brad got angry and threatened to get on or just leave was he forced to come to his senses and open the passenger door.
As he put on his seat belt and raised his head, he found Emilio's eyes reflected in the seat mirror. Emilio shook his head slightly as if stupefied, but he didn't say anything. When he looked back at Lucien, he was looking at him with terrifying eyes, as if he, too, had been waiting.
Who is the one who should be angry?
It was unfair to pull his hair out of the blue, but it was driving him crazy looking at him as if he were a sinner committing death. Finally, in a cold environment, the car went to the nearest restaurant.