Chapter 38

A loud horn was heard everywhere. The police sighed briefly as they saw the drivers who couldn't stand the traffic congestion shouting and insulting.
"Is there still a long way to go?"
The policemen who were looking towards a place alternately shook their heads at the question of the rushing inspector. Ah~ the boss, who sighed heavily, raised his head and stared at the place they were looking at. There was a woman leaning precariously on the building. To be exact, he was on a railing that jutted out regularly from the wall of the building, but was only wide enough to step on, making it a dangerous space that could have dire consequences.
"Why the hell are you up there?"
The boss exploded with anger. The lieutenant, who was looking around, responded quickly.
"Please call my ex-boyfriend..."..."
"I know, idiot! I told you before!"
The inspector shrugged and backed away from the police chief's force to vent his anger. Seeing him, the inspector kicked his tongue and looked back at the building. The policemen rushed to order the traffic and busied themselves while rubbing their foreheads as if they had a headache.
"When are the fire department coming? It's a slow blast."
The inspector complained again. The rescue operation has already failed once, provoked the woman for no reason and got away with it. All that remained was to persuade her to come back on her own two feet and lay out a safety mat and have it fall on her just in case. Safety mats have already been laid, but in an emergency, paramedics are needed to provide first aid and escort.
"Have you found out what his occupation is? And his family?"
"He's in another state. Even if he left right now, it would take him three hours by plane."
"Oh!"
The inspector, who was uttering insults, took a deep breath and held out his hand. When the policeman hastily handed him the loudspeaker, he coughed in vain and the inspector brought it up.
"Come on, miss. Let's talk again. We'll help you. Take it easy...."
Other cops averted his eyes with disapproving looks as he blathered on about the obvious. As if the situation disappears in front of you if you don't look. One of the smuggling officers looked around, jumped out of his seat, and rushed to the side. He whispered in her ear as he approached another policeman who was standing with his hands on his hips and his legs apart, looking up with an embarrassed expression.
"Dilly, you can't do it, right?
"No Eden."
Dylan responded flatly. His eyes were still fixed on the woman.
"There is a way to get out the window and get closer to him, but you've already tried it once and it's gone further. It's a big problem if you provoke without reason and he really falls."
Eden looked around the road, saying the same thing as the inspector.
"Why don't the firemen come?" They are useless."
Dylan kept talking without taking his eyes off the woman.
"Get out of the car quickly. They will come as soon as possible."
Come on, she said, tousling her short brown hair angrily, and then Eden grumbled and walked away. Dylan thought over and over with knitted brows. Is there any way to save her? The only thing left is persuasion, but when will the man who claimed to be her lover come? If the timing doesn't match or if it doesn't come at all.....
It was then that he shook his head to erase the ominous thoughts that came to mind. Sirens rang out, and only then was relief breathed here and there.
"They're slow bursts anyway. Why do you come here after burning the house down?"
Someone was sarcastic, but Dylan ignored it. The police and fire departments had been separated for a long time. The police station to which he belonged was no different, so disputes with firefighters from the same jurisdiction were frequent. Dylan wasn't too happy about the firemen either, but now he had something coming up.
"What, aren't they done yet?" What the hell are the police doing?"
As soon as he came, Dylan called the woman's lover again, leaving behind the firemen who were beginning to speak. After a few beeps, the voice of a cheerful man rang out.
"Oh officer. I'm on my way."
It sounded like a note at the end of the sentence. Why is it so funny? A woman is attached to the outside wall of the building saying that she is going to die because of him. Dylan spoke patiently.
"How long is it? I can't last long, I'll be in trouble if I exhaust myself like this."
"Oh, that's a big problem."
Are you kidding me?
Dylan inadvertently frowned as he heard a man's voice repeat his words. He looked down at his mobile for a moment and the man continued. As she hastily brought her phone to her ear, the voice continued.
"I'm almost there. All you have to do is turn the corner."
"OK."
He was about to hang up, but the man suddenly asked.
"What floor is she on? Where is she."
"...... floor."
Perhaps he is trying to get in himself?
Dylan thought suddenly, but it snapped in less than three seconds. There was a brief hiss.
"I see. You're going through a lot, officer."
Saying this, the man hung up the phone. Dylan looked at his phone absurdly and gritted his teeth belatedly. What kind of bastard is this?
"What the hell is this guy doing?"
When she spat through her tears, the policeman next to her was surprised and blinked.
"Uh, it was written in the memo from earlier. The Miller family..."
"Miller?"
It was a strange castle, but difficult to pass. Of the tens, hundreds, and possibly thousands of Millers in the city, there is only one family known as the Millers. Besides, that embarrassing look on the policeman's face was too obvious evidence.
"Oh, wait a minute......"
It was a mistake to rough him up because he wasn't one of the common Millers. Don't tell me it was that Miller . When her face turned white in an instant, she heard a loud noise. Dylan's eyes, who turned his head slowly, turned to a place. Like everyone else.
The convertible Bentley, which stopped on the road, opened the lid as if it were visible. The man who got out of the car looked around smugly in the side mirror.
What are you doing?
Everyone present thought the same. The man was relaxed as if there was nothing urgent in the situation where the woman was losing her strength or not. As the policeman approached and tried to talk to him, the man, who was nodding as if he liked it, suddenly straightened his back. Then a huge stature appeared.
The colorful blond man in sunglasses caught everyone's attention and calmly walked down the sidewalk. The way he looked, with one hand in his pants pocket and the other tossing the smart car key into the air, he even looked like he was putting his lips together and whistling, it was so strange. It was like he was alone in a different world. Everyone, who until then had been in a desperate crisis, was confused for a moment and caused confusion.
The first to come to his senses was the inspector. Blinking hurriedly, he approached the man and spoke to him.
"Are you Mr. Grayson Miller?" Well, you know Miss Clarice Edison, right? Your previous relationship...
"Well, yes, I did."
There was no sincerity in his tone. As if his interest was now elsewhere. The man looked up as the lines between Dylan's brows deepened. Until then, he stopped tossing the smart key into the air, took off his sunglasses with that hand, and looked somewhere.
'Purple eyes.'
As soon as he saw the dark violet eyes that showed the character of the man, goosebumps broke out on Dylan's skin. A faint scent was felt with him. a distinctive scent of his nature When the scent of Dylan's hand strangling and covering his entire body suddenly came to life, the man suddenly doubled his back and began to laugh.
"Ha ha ha."
They all looked at him like a madman. But the man was serious. He laughed so hard as if he couldn't hold his breath and yelled at the woman.
"What is this, Clarice? God, it's real. It's really hanging there, like a cicada."
At that moment, everyone froze completely.