Chapter 15

They looked at each other for a while without saying a word. She was surprised by Lucien's sudden attitude and just blinked. Lucien, who had been silent for a moment, opened his mouth in a slow, calm tone.
"Emi, what do you mean? Why is that name here?"
"Why does he leave?"
Confused by the unexpected words, he cocked his head.
"It's a confession to Emi, so it's obvious."
There was a brief silence. It was only a few seconds, but in that moment Lucien seemed as if he had frozen.
"emi"? Are you confessing to Emilio Diaz? Is the person you like Emilio Diaz?"
Soon after, a series of harsh cries erupted from his mouth. Her voice was so loud that her ears were ringing and distorted her face at the time, but soon after she stood up urgently and covered her mouth.
"Shh, shut up, and if someone hears you."
She was screaming holding her breath, but Lucien didn't care. He pushed him again with great force and left him terribly on the ground. What's wrong with this guy ? Lucien exhaled and shot at him with a ferocious rush, sitting on the ground and looking up at him.
"Is that true? Is the person you like is Emilio Diaz?"
She looked around hurriedly, finally fixing her eyes on Lucien after confirming that all she could still hear was the occasional sound of leaves rustling in the wind. She was looking at him with clenched fists. The empty moon above her head made her face even greener. He answered her stammering, even feeling horrified.
"Yeah, you said you knew, right? Come on, all of a sudden."
Finally her head began to spin, she asked with a frown.
"I'm wrong?" If it's not Emmy Is it someone else? With who?"
Lucien did not respond to a series of questions. She just bit down hard on her lower lip and stared at him. Thinking that she still didn't understand his reaction, she got up and let the dirt fall from her body. It was after the atmosphere was completely broken. He didn't feel bad, but the steam was escaping him and he didn't want to continue talking. He was going to go back to the bedroom, but Lucien called out to him.
"Dally, wait."
Sighing and looking back, Lucien stopped and rasped.
"Are you sure you like Emilio Díaz? Really? Don't you act cute in front of me?"
"Why are you acting like a baby?"
It was strange to have that idea. Why do you say that I like Emi? Lucien closed his mouth again and tilted his head in asking sincerely. As if humming, he looked at the ground and whispered.
"It's a test, so......I thought it would be any name."
"It's a test, so I said the real name. Make up any name and go make a mistake?"
He raised his arms in a W shape because he was amazed. He shook his head as he lowered it. Lucien only saw him like that. He waited for her to say something else, but she didn't open her mouth. Elliott was sometimes so stubborn. When that happened, as always, he would first turn around and pretend to leave. As he walked a few steps like this, Elliott ran with all his might, bursting into tears when he saw him go away.
As expected, soon after there was a rushing noise from behind, and a mocking smile escaped him. He returned her gaze with a smile, and Lucien, who soon caught up with him, was surprised. She was amused and embarrassed to see him, so she took her hand out of her pocket and held it out to him.
"Did you really think that I would go alone?"
Lucien, hesitating as if about to come, quickly chased after him and grabbed his hand. He thought that walking hand in hand was only a thing for lovers, but he let it be. It doesn't matter because no one is looking anyway. He started walking again, and shortly after, Lucien asked.
"Really, do you like Emilio Diaz......?"
"Yes. My favorite is Emi."
With whom had he been confused? He was curious, but didn't bother to ask. Also because she didn't want to see Lucien get angry.
Lucien, who was listening to him, was as quiet as he thought. I wanted to see his expression, but it was impossible because he was bent over. Meanwhile, they reached the intersection. They had to split up here because their one-bedroom building was different from the usual dormitory building they stayed in. He was going to say that he was leaving, but Lucien, who had been silent until then, suddenly opened his mouth.
"What about me?"
"That?"
Lucien finally looked up, stopping at the sudden question. An unexpected look awaited him. I was curious about his expression, but I didn't expect it to be like this. He hastily asked, looking desperate.
"I'm small too. Aren't I cute?"
You are jealous?.
It's the first time a friend has become so obsessed with him, but he thought Lucien might. Because he is your only and first friend. She chose her words carefully so as not to offend him.
"Yeah, you're cute too. You're cute, but......."
"But?"
Lucien grabbed the last word like a bolt of lightning. How can I explain this ? he said, scratching the back of his neck.
"Well, you're a bit...... like Elliot."
Lucien was silent for a moment. She blinked, looked up at him, and asked in a voice that seemed to have rested a bit.
"Elliot? Your brother?"
"Yeah."
He nodded and admitted. To be honest, this was what he wanted to say. Lucien is a precious friend, but he also has little brother feelings.
But Lucien looked puzzled. It's true, but who likes to be treated like a little brother by a classmate?
He knew how he felt, but he couldn't lie. It was better to let it out now for later. The longer it stretched out, the greater Lucien's impact would be.
"Sorry, if it's unpleasant......"
He was going to say more, but stopped. There was nothing more to say. She just lowered her head and scratched the back of her neck, and Lucien, who until then had stood as if he had lost his mind, breathed sharply. When she looked back at his face, her expressionless expression was nowhere to be found and she was staring at him as if she wanted to kill him. Lucien's face turned even darker as he stepped back in surprise. He was afraid that she would run towards him again, but luckily she didn't. Instead, Lucien stared at her for a while, then suddenly turned and ran toward the dormitory building where her room was.
"Lucian!"
She belatedly called his name, but Lucien didn't look back. Staring at Lucien's back, which was quickly engulfed in darkness, he only stood still for a while.