Chapter 27

Before she knew it, night fell and darkness fell around her. There was still no one coming and going, and we just stared at each other as if facing each other.
"You like me?"
After a long time, he would repeat what he had said. I could'nt believe it. Weren't Lucien and I friends? And Lucien likes me, Beta, not Omega? Lucien, who saw my face, looked pained for a moment. I was embarrassed for a moment, but he said with a bitter smile.
"You also think I'm crazy about pheromones."
Her heart sank at the word. I did the same knowing how hurt Lucien had been with it. He was shaking his hands urgently and shook his head.
"No, never! I wouldn't have thought of that, I just…I was a little nervous. Because I never thought you'd like it!"
Lucien's face brightened again as he stared at him, who was quick to deny it. Was it good for you? He tucked his chest in and scratched his nose awkwardly, avoiding his eyes.
"It's been a while since I liked you. But you like Emi, and he didn't seem to think about it at all, so you just wanted to look at him......"
Lucien, who had been speechless as if thinking for a moment, was soon looking at him as if he had made up his mind.
"You were seeing Emilio earlier, right?"
"That?"
For a moment, Lucien felt embarrassed and asked again, and continued calmly.
"I'm jealous because it seems like you still can't get over Emilio. It's true that I was half joking, but....... Anyway, I asked you out because you seem to be attracted to me. I want to confess."
You didn't want to kiss me?
It seemed like a mess, but it didn't make any sense. Lately she realized that what Lucien was saying was largely like that. It seems like there was a loophole somewhere, but there was nothing to say when trying to argue. That is why he comes to the conclusion that what he says is always correct and he can no longer argue or protest.
It seemed to me that this time the same situation was repeated, but there was no other remedy. Unsurprisingly, I didn't see much to point to as a loophole. Of course, it's not that I don't have any. But even if I point it out...
"I dragged you to confess, but the desire to kiss you got ahead of me, I'm sorry",
I knew it.
Listening to Lucien, she thought she knew. Again this time, he resolved his little question nonchalantly. Now that he had no more room to insist, he gave up and changed the subject.
"I never imagined you'd like me....... You know, I'm a beta."
"I know, but can't you understand my true feelings more?" I'm not confusing my emotions with pheromones."
This time, again, he convinced him. Lucien gasped when he realized he had gone a little too far.
"You don't have to answer me right away. You can think about it slowly, but I still want you to let me know before graduation."
Lucien's voice had a determined will. She didn't know how he felt because she had been in love with him over and over again. He nodded, but Lucien didn't agree. Suddenly, she grabbed his arms tightly and continued, looking into his eyes.
"You can't just leave me and go out into the city alone. I'll find you at all costs."
The way he spoke was normal, but he somehow felt a chill. Instantly, his eyes seemed to have turned golden. The scent that spread around her seemed to darken, but faded again. He hesitated and nodded.
"OK."
Only then did Lucien laugh and relax his hands. He thought he would let go, but he was wrong. He immediately squeezed into her arms tightly.
"I love you, my Dilly."
He couldn't easily respond to the enthusiastic confession. Lucien's arms were very strong and his body temperature was hot. The heat from her entire body seemed to suffocate him. He didn't know if that was why his heart was beating or for another reason.

* * * * *

Contrary to the coach's words that he was going to have a party, it was a month later that he met again. It's a bit early, but it was also in the practice room that the party was held on Halloween. Perhaps due to Halloween, the two coaches decorated the driving range with various Halloween decorations, such as pumpkin dolls and ghosts. It wasn't loud, but it was just a few dolls and a scratchy garland attached.
In fact, it was a small party that he didn't have to attend. But he was curious how the rowing team was doing after so long, so he decided to come to the party. Lucien expressed his opinion that he too would attend by choice.
That day, they arrived at the practice room with the food prepared. I bought pumpkin pie and Lucien bought pizza. When I entered, most of them were already assembled.
"Dilly! Luth!"
The coach recognized them first and greeted them cordially. They shook hands lightly, set down their food, and naturally joined the conversation. There were quite a few faces I had never seen before. After the semester change, several new students seemed to have made the rowing team.
"I have a lot of new members because we had good points last time."
the coach said out loud and laughed. It was the first time that his personality seemed so bright. Before I was always angry and upset. The good results of the competition seemed to give him enough confidence.
Of course, he believed that the situation of Luth, who rowed hurting his hand like that, is also quite big.
He looked at Lucien's hand. In his hand, which had been released for a while, there was no trace of the wound. There was a very faint scar left on the palm of the hand, but that too would fade in time.
"How are you preparing for college?" I haven't received any inquiries yet......."
The noise of someone brushed past his ears. Of course, most of the topics were about admission to the university. He would pretend not to understand and would nod abruptly.
As expected, the party was boring. There's no way you're going to get drunk after having a drink, and there's no way there's going to be any new happenings between those you know. Above all, it was a boys' school.
After preparing the scene for some time, she found Lucien standing alone to one side. He thought he would be fine now because he had left the team after getting quite close with other guys, but he was wrong. Suddenly, he felt uncomfortable seeing him alone like before.
We should go back?
He was getting bored. He was going to say that he would go, but suddenly someone surprised him. Her eyes went round as she looked back nonchalantly.
Dilly, you're here.
"emi."
He whispered her name into her mouth again. A brilliant smile looked at him as it lingered in his memory.

* * * * *

The sky was already covered in darkness. The sky, where countless stars twinkled, was more of a brilliant indigo than black. He faced Emilio alone under the night sky where the moon and stars illuminated the world.
It occurred to him for a moment that it seemed they were the only two left in the world.
He seemed tanned and healthier than the last time she saw him. As expected, her heart was pounding because it was just like her taste. It was Emilio who spoke first.
"Long time no see, Dilly. I've missed you."
It's not a big deal, but he couldn't help but get excited. He answered carefully, trying not to exaggerate his feelings.
"Me too, you're doing well."
"Of course. You look healthy too."
After resuming the formal words, they fell silent again. Emilio seemed to have something to say, but he rarely brought up the subject. She didn't feel bad being face to face with him like this, but she only cared about one thing, Lucien. He may be nervous that I'm gone.
Isn't Luth too childish?
It came to her suddenly, but it was inevitable when she thought of him crying as she hugged him. He's big, but he's still like Elliot. Emilio cocked his head as he smiled bitterly. She soon came to her senses and turned her attention back to him. He wondered if the time for patience would come again, but fortunately Emilio didn't take long.
"Oh, there."
He hesitated to speak, avoiding her gaze and hesitating.
"I've been waiting..."... You haven't come. I was expecting you to come today, but I'm so glad to meet you......."
His voice trembled weakly. It was different from the way he always yelled in a confident voice and steered the ship. She looked at him with an unfamiliar feeling, completely different from her usual friendly gaze towards people. Emilio muttered without taking his eyes off the ground.
"I wanted to see you..."...I mean, there."
She took a deep breath and bit her lips hard. What the hell are you trying to say ? Not having a clue, Emilio confessed with a big sigh.
"I like you Dilly."
"That?"
He inadvertently made a loud noise and belatedly closed his mouth. But startled eyes couldn't help it. Emilio, who couldn't bear to raise his head with such an open view, entered. He continued, his voice shaking.
"Oh, I know. It's weird, right? I'm a Beta, but a guy likes the same guy...... But it can't be helped, I've been like this since I was a kid. I don't like women , I like men......."
He just listened to the confession that followed. Thoughts wandered with Emilio's words in his dull head . Does Emilio like the same sex? Like me? So Emilio is from my class? It's beta.
You've loved the same sex since you were a child, it's really like me. Because I have never been interested in women in my life.
But it is true? Maybe someone is playing a joke on me? I can do it as much as I want. Today is not Halloween, but the coach said that there is a party that day. What demons? Why me?
My head became a battlefield, words and phrases jumbled together like firecrackers. It was so hectic.
It's shocking that Emilio is one of mine, but also that he likes it.
Who would believe it?
Emilio's face turned pale when he saw that he was not capable of responding willingly. When he saw that she was holding her breath and covering her mouth with her hand, she suddenly came to. Emilio hesitated again and murmured.
"Hey, hey… I think you're just like me… Well, I thought so."
The healthy color of his skin seemed to drain the blood. I had never seen Emilio's face so pale. He panicked and reached out to grab him hastily, but Emilio gasped. Dylan also stopped there when he stopped thinking that he had scared Emilio. Soon after, she discovered that Emilio's big eyes were clinging to tears.
"I, I'm sorry."
He apologized with a tearful voice. He tried to say no, but Emilio continued first.
"Please, can you forget what I said? I'm sorry to mislead you and make you feel bad, but I'm really begging you. When this gets out, I, I, I won't be in school anymore. Dilly, please."
At last she began to cry aloud. When she saw him, she could no longer think that she was joking or lying to make fun of him. He quickly hugged Emilio.
"Don't cry, Emi. You're not wrong. Me too, me too......."
The word stuck in her throat and she couldn't get it out. The secret that had been promised several times seemed to chain and imprison him. But he couldn't keep his mouth shut. Emilio told him his biggest secret. With all that fear, risking everything for everything. It was a bravery that could not be compared to his cowardice that he hid because he was afraid of being caught. So shouldn't I reveal the same secret?
'It's a secret between the two of you.
When she had just opened her mouth, Lucien's face suddenly came to mind. But she squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath. And finally he confessed with a very choked voice, as if exhaling his blocked breath.
"I'm just like you. I like men too."
Emilio's body, sobbing in his arms, stopped for an instant.