Chapter 19

"Now, stop! We'll stop here!"
At the coach's shout, everyone let go of the handlebars and got off the rowing machine at a similar speed. There was heavy breathing everywhere. I couldn't think of anything right now. Just walking as an extension of repeated training. He had barely exhaled his hot breath and staggered to his feet, when the coach motioned to Lucien.
"Hurst, come here for a sec."
Lucien, who was riding a rowing machine beside him, wavered for a moment, but soon regained his balance and walked toward him. I browse for a moment as if we were talking. Spun around. She walked with the conviction that Lucien would tell her later, and she could see Emilio walking from the opposite side.
Suddenly her heart sank. Until now there have been innumerable occasions like this, and each time Emilio greeted him lightly or had a simple conversation and passed by. Now there is nothing different, but why is my heart beating so much?
" I'll help you."
Lucien's words came to mind later. Of course, he refused at the time, but afterwards, his heart was already pounding just thinking about the situation. She used to think that Emilio just liked her, but Lucien's words made her have crazy expectations that maybe she could really connect with Emilio. He knew it was unrealistic, but once he figured it out, he often panicked when he saw Emilio out of guilt. As if Emilio was going to go out with him and kiss him right now.
"Dally, you're very red in the face."
He heard a whisper behind him. Lucien was in front, just behind him, when he spun around in surprise. He smiled at her in surprise and whispered softly.
"I'll make sure you don't get caught, like always. Let's get by pretending we don't know."
"Oh well, yes."
I nodded and pretended to have a conversation with Lucien, as I had suggested. Meanwhile, Emilio walked past her and onto her back, and the throbbing moment disappeared without a trace.
"Well done, Dally. No one would have noticed."
He was a little disappointed, but Lucien's words comforted him.
"Thank you".
Lucien smiled as if he was fine as he thanked her. Walking side by side, he quietly asked.
"Why did the coach call you?"
"Oh, it's nothing."
Lucien replied obtusely.
"I've improved a lot. He said he'd give me a test."
"Proof?"
When asked in surprise, he nodded willingly.
"Now I am preparing for the competition seriously. I have heard that you have measured the record. As my skills keep changing, I have heard that the position of the boat will keep changing a lot until the final selection."
"Oh really?"
She already knew that, but she was surprised to hear it from Lucien. Did the coach have no interest or expectation in Lucien ?
"He complimented me on my good looks."
"Oh really?"
Thank you for your congratulations.
"You've worked hard, that's great." Yeah, you've improved a lot."
"You're the only one who's tall."
Lucien averted her gaze, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. Seeing the slight blush on his cheek made him want to tease him more, so he made him even more touchy.
"No, the body is different too. You have muscles. Don't you have abs too?"
"Wait, wait! No, no!"
Lucien screamed and started as she intentionally tickled his stomach and back. It's the first time he makes a noise so loud that everyone's eyes are on him, and he's embarrassed haha, he laughs and more or less missed it.
"Do not do this."
Lucien hit him with a belated sigh. His face was so pale that he immediately apologized deeply.
"Sorry, that was too bad a joke."
Lucien, of course, went ahead. He was about to walk again, but the coach summoned everyone. What he said to those gathered was the same as what he said to Lucien. The puck will be measured several times to prepare for the competition, and the order can be changed as much as possible based on skill. Either to play as a player or not to be selected.
While listening carefully, he suddenly found Emilio in front of him. He smiled as always and whispered "fighting" in the shape of his mouth. He didn't know that his mouth would open and close quickly. Lucien, who was sitting next to her, noticed right away and whispered in her ear.
"What's up what's Up?"
"No, it's nothing."
Avoid answering, but maybe he already knew. When he focused back on the coach's words, he could feel Lucien's gaze on him. He was awkward for no reason and smiled once. Lucien smiled too, but when he turned back to the coach, his face went blank.

* * * * *

"Do you want to go out with me?"
I hesitated as I was about to return to the bedroom at the sudden suggestion. Lucien looked at him and said nonchalantly.
"You're nothungry?" I think I'm going to die. We are going to eat something".
As he spoke, he seemed really distraught. Lucien also ate a lot. Even considering that he was a teenager with a big appetite, he was especially severe. Even more so considering how much he used to eat.
"Are you hungry again? Haven't you had a sandwich before?"
Just before practice, he watched him gobble down a sandwich the size of his forearm in less than five minutes. She thought she ate quite a bit, but she didn't dare mention it to Lucien. Lucien said, rubbing his back awkwardly.
"These days, I'm hungry no matter what I eat. My stomach is completely empty."
He seemed really hungry. Even her eyes looked empty, so she couldn't refuse. There was no particular reason to refuse.
Now that you've grown up like this.
Lucien, who soon caught up with her, had changed the level of his eyes. Sooner or later, he will be much taller than me . However, no matter how much he ate, he was not satisfied, as if his muscles could not keep up with the rapid growth of his bones. What's more, probably even more because every day they make adjustments that are especially exhausting.
Besides, Lucien hasn't gotten his license yet. If he got a driver's license, they would buy him a car right away, but he couldn't do that right now. He couldn't let his friend's anguish go by, so he was willing to say they would go in the car together.
"Well..."
Just as he opened his mouth, Emilio suddenly appeared. As soon as her eyes met his, and he turned his head, she immediately felt his expression go slack. As expected, Emilio approached El with a smile and spoke to him affectionately.
"You've had a hard time today too, haven't you?" Luth really got better. You practiced a lot. Everyone is amazed."
Emilio looked around him fixedly. There weren't many left, but they gave Lucien a slight nod, as if in agreement. Emilio turned back to them, and Dally paused, trying to smile nonchalantly. Surreptitiously, she caught Lucien's gaze, but didn't respond much. He was worried that he might be acting rude again, but he just put it off for another time. Rather, isn't Lucien baring his teeth and smiling at Emilio?
"Thank you, I'm glad you made it."
Also, his voice was very soft. Both Emilio and I were surprised by his kindness. Emilio looked at me as if something was wrong, and I opened my mouth with a shrug.
"Luce practiced a lot during her break."

3. 4

"Really, I think so."
Emilio nodded as if he agreed. He thought it would be over after he was more or less done there. Lucien's mouth opened suddenly as he was about to salute ruefully.
"Let's go get something to eat. Do you want to go too?"
"That?"
"That?"
Emilio asked, as did I, amazed by the unexpected offer. Lucien continued, his smiling face fixed on Emilio.
"You're nothungry?" I think I'm going to die".
Emilio looked at him, looked back at Lucien, and answered doubtfully.
"Uh, yeah......I'm hungry..."..."
"Then that's enough, let's go together. If we're late, we won't be able to order. Let's go."
Urging Emilio, he added a smile.
"Do you have any other plans?"
Emilio was surprised and shook his head.
"It's not like that. No......"
It was when he was disturbed by her appearance, which still seemed to waver. Lucien suddenly looked to the side and yelled loudly.
"Brad, what are we going to eat? And you?"
"Huh? Me?"
Brad, who was about to pick up his bag, looked at them in surprise. Now all eyes were on Lucien. But he wasn't scared at all, instead telling Brad with a relaxed smile.
"I'm hungry so I can't eat anything, why don't you go too?" I invite".
Brad looked at them with a puzzled face, then smiled.
"We must not miss this opportunity, come on."
Brad, carrying the bag easily on one shoulder, joined in. Thanks to this, we became the same members as last time, so we left the driving range and headed to the parking lot. Sending Emilio and Brad ahead, she gently tugged at Lucien and whispered in his ear.
"What are you thinking? Why all of a sudden, Emilio?"
Lucien asked, his eyes wide in an urgent whisper.
"Don't you like it? I thought you...
"No, it's not like that, I'm glad."
Lucien laughed as if not to care as the spotlight wavered from the misplaced conversation.
"I remember you said you'd take care of it and you didn't have to help me. But I couldn't do it. It was a good time, wasn't it?"
Lucien must have been quite frustrated not seeing any progress. In fact, he was giving up thinking that he had no other choice, but his thoughts were different. He looked at Emilio and whispered in a lower voice.
"If there's an opportunity in front of you, I'll take it."
There was no gap in what he said. On the contrary, they were all words of benefit to him. It was somewhat embarrassing to take this opportunity now after pretending to handle it alone, but Lucien is right. Rather, it is stupid to turn down this opportunity.
"Thank you, Luth."
He decided to thank him. Lucien smiled and walked towards Emilio with his legs spread. The surprise did not end there. When she got to her car, she dragged Brad into the back seat. Naturally, Emilio got into the passenger seat, and I headed to the restaurant, disconcerted by the dreamy situation.