Chapter Two: Why?

"Um... I have a question..." I asked as we piled into Avi's mini van.
"What is it?" Kirstie asked me.
"Which one of you guys are my parents?" I asked.
"Well, that is up to you. You get to choose your last name." Avi told me.
"Well, then my name is Makayla Grassi-Hoying-Kaplan-Maldonado-Olusola!" I said. They all laughed.
"Makayla, you'll be staying with me and Scott. Is that okay?" Mitch asked me.
"Yeah. That's fine! It's perfect!" I said. We arrived at Scott and Mitch's apartment. As I walked in and saw the familiar setting of most SUPERFRUIT videos, I said, "I need to go to the bathroom!" Mitch pointed it out and I ran. When I got in, I opened my bag and pulled out my razor. I cut because Alliana and Yasmine would always say, "Waste of life! Kill yourself!" So I started cutting. I lowered the blade onto my skin, and the blood rolled down my wrists. I made a few more cuts and rolled my jacket sleeve down. When I opened the door, Mitch and Scott pulled me onto the couch. Scott ran off and grabbed a first aid kit while Mitch pulled up my sleeves and saw the cuts. I started crying.
"Makayla? Why?" Mitch said as a tear rolled down his cheek.
"Two girls at the orphanage, Alliana and Yasmine always told me to kill myself and that I didn't deserve to live..." I said, crying. Scott came up to me and wiped the blood off of my wrists as Mitch hugged me.
"Promise me, never again?" Mitch said.
"I promise." I said back. I was going to try my hardest to move on from Alliana and Yasmine, but some things you can't forget, especially when it's on your body. I have bruises underneath my shirt from when they would hit and punch me. I can't forget those.
Scott took my razor and threw it away while Mitch showed me my room. The walls were pink and my bed covers were purple. There were Pentatonix posters around the room.
"Thanks...Dad." I told Mitch as I hugged him. Could I call him that? Mitch hugged me a little bit tighter when I said dad. I guess I can call him that.
"No problem, sweetie," he said, "I love you."
"I love you too, Dad." I said. We were still hugging when Scott came in wiping his eyes.
"Awwe! Come here!" I said and hugged Scott.
"I love you, Dad." I told Scott.
"I love you too, Makayla." Scott told me.
"Wait... Does this mean that I have four dads and one mom?" I asked.
"Well, I guess so!" Mitch said and we all laughed.