part 1

Yeseul groaned, this couldn't possibly be my life.

But it was and now she had to deal with it. The more time she used in bickering and wailing at her fate, the more time she lost.

She looked at the emerald ring on her hand, the first she had ever made with her magic. She kissed it and hoped for luck

"Hey, you!"

She snapped her head at the sound and was greeted with the sight of a human. No, a dragon in its human form.

And Yeseul realised its brows were made of Iron. You're kidding me, she thought with a sigh. Yeseul put her hand on the trunk of the tree, willing it to do the biddings of her silent command.

"I'm sorry I was lost," Yeseul spoke out loud.

"I can see that, bunny girl."

"Bunny girl?"

"You sound like a bunny girl, human."

Huh, Yeseul thought.

"You say I'm human like you're not."

Jeno grinned, baring his canines, heavy footsteps crisply sounding as he approached her hiding place.

"Cuz I'm not."

"Well, that's good." Yeseul stepped out of the bushes in her Fae form.

"Because I'm not either."

Jeno's eyes widened with familiar suspicion rising in them before he could move to probably capture her, a twig that had been wrapped around his leg swung him up and about and he was looking at her in reverse.

"Look," Yeseul gestured gracefully, "I didn't mean to do this—"

"But you did, Fae."

"Yeah, cause otherwise you'd kill me or do whatever it is that humours you Dragons these days." She shrugged as if it justified everything.

"You couldn't have known that!" He protested trying to get the twig to unwind.

"Oh umm, you were going to behave civilly and have a merry drink with me is it?" Yeseul asked, drily.

"No." He replied just as coldly.

"Umm, listen err. . . . . .what's your name?"

"Jeno Lee."

"So Jeno, look I accidentally come here, really didn't wanna for obvious reasons but I gotta find a way back home." She paused taking in the doubtful look in his face. "No, I'm not plotting against your race—"

"And yet I find you in the private territories of my realm."

Yeseul jerked her head up, genuinely surprised. "These are . . . . .err uh, private territories?"

"Yes," Jeno said, folding his hands as calmly as he could with being upended.

"And if you've heard anything about us Dragons then it comes true in the form of one who owns these territories."

Yeseul clenched her teeth. Luck. What fucking luck.

"Mr Lee, I did not mean to offend you in any way except that which uphold my self-preservation. I apologise for the inconvenience caused." She bowed her head politely before she turned.

"Hey! you can't just leave me here."

"I apparently can," Yeseul said.

Jeno had to stop for a moment, he had never seen a Fae for all his blessed life but now that one was before him he found that he was short of words, are all of them this beguiling? He thought in dismay.

She didn't seem like she was lying because he could find a liar as natural as he could find iron. So she was saying the truth. Something about Bunny girl inspired a feeling in him, was it pity or was it mercy?

Her innocence? Could it still be that pure?

"Run, little Fae." He said out loud, catching her unaware.

"I won't pursue you but I can't speak on behalf of others residing in my realm, I could give you a heads up but that's the most I could offer because I will report this." He stated and Yeseul turned swiftly to face him, eyes widening in gratitude.

"Thank you, thank you so much." She said, smiling thankfully before raising her hand stretching the tips of her fingers as she elevated uttering words that sounded like a melody to Jeno and she was done.

"What did you do?" He asked, confused.

"I blessed you for your good turn done unto me." Yeseul waved at him, "See you later, eyebrows."

She blessed me? He thought with a daze before snapping out of it.

"Who do you think you're calling eye—"

"Jeno, where the hell are you?" a quiet and squeaky voice called out.

"—I'm here!" He looked back to where Yeseul was standing and she was gone before another word was uttered.

"Jen, not that I have questioned your abilities of simply being weird but honestly, do you enjoy hanging upside down from a tree?" Yoojin asked raising a brow.

There were many cruel kinds of dragons but Yoojin was straight up an asshole. What did the king even see in Yoojin to appoint him as the manager of the guards was beyond Jeno.

"And where is he?"

"Haechan was in the skies the last time I saw him."

"Ahhhh, alright." Yoojin nodded, looking upwards.

"Oh, by the way, our borders have been infiltrated."

"What?!" Yoojin asked, "why didn't you say so before?"

"You didn't ask me," Jeno said, crisply.

Yoojin quick on his heels, ran back to most likely to inform the patrolling guards and knights.

Jeno watched his retreating form before he caught a glint of a red wing withdrawing from the terrain of the skies. He should get to him quick enough.

Now, Jeno thought curiously, how the hell am I gonna get out of this thing?