part 2

Yeseul looked around in the market, she had draped herself in a hooded dark cloak, the warm woollen kept her warm only for so long.

Dragon markets were different than she had initially imagined them to be, they were just like the Fae ones she had seen during occasional weekend trips.

All of the people surrounding her were in their human forms- obviously because shops weren't built to accommodate eleven-foot dragons- which made her comfortable enough to think that she would perhaps manage to get away without being noticed.

Maybe there wasn't much difference except that the people here, Yeseul thought looking around the shops lined orderly with colourful varieties of clothes, food and objects selling, were much rawer as compared to the Fae counterpart.

She shook her head.

She needed to find her way out and possibly more information on Gluasad circles, a library would be ideal at this point so she entered the first one she spotted.

Stark heights of the books that seemed to go on endlessly on the endless shelves. Her heart yelped of joy at the smell of ink and paper, smiling her heart out before she recognised the place around her.

"Is there anything you're searching for in particular?" A woman behind the counter asked, her hair tied in a red bow, "I'm Irene , the librarian and wood designer, is there any way I can help you?"

Yeseul blinked before answering, "A book on Gluasad circles?"

The woman raised a curious brow.

"Third aisle, shelf no 6, the third book on your right."

"Umm, thank you," Yeseul said, before marching to the instructed place.

A book bound in sapphire covers, the velvet would have seemed so satisfying if Yeseul wasn't in a situation that triggered her existential crisis.

Gluasad Circles are peculiarities in our age. They appear on the will of a whim and vanish as if they commanded its own existence although in rare cases if the magical outlet is strong enough then it can force a Gluasad circle to open to command. While these creatures tend to be very mischevious, they actually exist for a purpose—

"Which is to get me killed or mutilated," Yeseul muttered.

—they help an individual find an object, idea or even a person of substantial gain in their life. For instance, the Great Queen of the Mermaids was once transferred in the form to a world of Phoenixes, where she would meet her beloved—

"Yeah, sure. I'd rather not have a beloved at all." She rolled her eyes before going back to reading.

—Usually, they find such things in the duration of a day precisely from when they first touched the Gluasad circle and if they have strong magic, when it is time to go, the same Gluasad circle appears to take them home.

Yeseul shut the book close.

Well, she found a way out so all she had to do was wait and try not to get eaten as a side dish to the dinner of a dragon.

Huh, that should be easy right?

"Oh have you heard?" a voice from the shelves behind her said as Yeseul held her breath.

"No, what?" another voice perched in a satin asked.

"They say he has returned."

"He as in who—oh, oh my stars, he has returned from that quest, oh, our warrior has returned home."

"Yes, he was seen flying over the Northern hills." The voice said, smiling coy. "God, I can't find one person in this world who'd resist touching those glossy scales."