part 4

"

You're a blessing if you must know." Irene appreciated, smiling widely at Yeseul who nervously shuffled her feet. "These cakes are so delectable, it would be an honest sin not finish the entire thing in one sitting."

"That's too high of praise," Yeseul said, dismissively.

"Oh, but I must give you something, in gratitude of course."

"Umm," Technically it was traditional of Faes to accept gifts from people who they did a good turn to but Yeseul was on the opposite spectrum of traditionality.

But Irene didn't seem to be taking any explanation. She simply asked Yeseul to follow her and Yeseul did.

The room was quite an old one and God alone knows what it had, a lot of sparkly things attracted Yeseul's attention but she paid no heed to them. She couldn't risk getting her cover blown.

Irene opened a cupboard and the sound of a drawer being pulled materialised as Irene procured a silver-coloured badge with engraving embedded upon it.

"The goodwill of the I'm household rests upon you, anytime and anywhere you seek protection, it will be offered to you by every member of our house"

Yeseul's eyes widened.

"This is seriously not necessary. I understand that you'd like to thank me for my services but a simple thank you will suffice."

"Absolutely not. You will not be disrespected or dishonoured in our house."

Yeseul giggled uneasily.

This had to be the most ironical situation she had ever been in.

"It's not that I'm being disrespected or dishonoured-"

"-Eun-ah, please!"

Yeseul was confused at the name mentioned for a moment before she realised.

Irene pinned the badge on the left-hand side of her chest, it sat well on the hoodie and made Yeseul feel terribly guilty.

"Umm, Yeeun if you don't mind, can I see your face?" She asked and Yeseul stiffened, fearing what she might think.

After some thought and consideration, Yeseul removed the hood, revealing her face which still looked in its human form. Irene's silence was almost deafening to her ears before she broke it.

"You're beautiful."

"Uh thank you? Okay, I really need to leave, Miss Irene." She smiled before bowing low and turning hastily she walked out of the room."Goodbye."

Yeseul touched the walls right after she left the kitchens, "May this household never see a setting sun that does not bring them comfort and hope." and then she released a protection spell bounding on every person in the house.

It was the least she could do.

Yeseul was going to leave before she heard a familiar voice.

"—is that an invitation to a fight, Fire brain?"

"You bet your life it is.

And immediately hid as she heard a vase break. To her utmost surprise, Jeno walked out with Yoona. The streak of coincidences was going to blind her by this point.

"They're such kids."

"Not that I intend to offend," Jeno shrugged. "But it's Haechan and Jaemin after all. What'd you expect?"

"Good point. Umm, Jeno could you keep these keys in Chan's room, the last room from the right on the second floor."

"Ahh yeah, okay."