part 12

It was over. Finally, Jeno thought, he wasn't a fan of blood and fighting no matter what his race suggested.

The skies look cleared of red clouds and the white hues returned. The Fae clan had helped the whole lot of them which surprisingly made even the most orthodox dragons come out of their shell to appreciate them. Even if it was done grudgingly.

Taeyong personally thanked Shim Saeron, Queen of Faes and grinned at her when she said that they were welcome to visit.

"You think he's gonna take her up on that?" Mark asked as the helpers draped his robes round.

Donghyuck grinned, "He might take you and visit the Fae world."

"It's not that I mind but Saeron—

"You're on first-name basis?"

" I meant Queen Shim of the Faes," he quickly corrected himself.

"Brother, " Donghyuck asked critically as he entertained that spare doubt in his head. "Do you have a crush on the Queen of Faes?"

"Can you not put it that way?!"

Donghyuck laughed joyfully at how much like a beetroot his brother could resemble.

"C'mon we need to leave, this ball is for the victory of the Dragons, and celebrations of a fruitful alliance," Mark said as he opened the doors.

They appeared at the entrance of the stairs and descended as royals of the Dragon race.

"Hyuck! Mark!" Miso said cheerfully as she jumped into their arms.

"She called my name first, she likes me more, Mark." Donghyuck bragged as his brother shook his head.

"Shut up."

"Can't believe I actually faced a war in my lifetime," Jeno said.

"Taeyong face two of them. He's been gloating about it since the morning it ended." Yoona laughed in reply.

"Well, I can't believe that Faes actually helped us. They're pretty nice folks, most of them are quite decent." Jaemin added as Taeyeon nodded in agreement.

"Yeah most of them are there around the corner, " Irene stated, pointing.

Donghyuck looked around for a familiar fae but he couldn't find her scent, his heart sank deep.

"Brother, are you alright?" Mark asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I need some air." He snuck out of the hall into the balcony which earned more worry from his brother.

The doors opened to greet a few more Faes, the ones who were most honoured to their efforts in the war.

Jeno blinked in recognition.

"Bunny girl." He pointed out at Yeseul draped in a tea-length velvet dress burning in colours of fiery red.

"That's Kim Yeseul." Mark informed. "One of the most powerful Faes to exist. Partly, the reason why Saeron was willing for an alliance for the first place."

"Beg pardon?" Irene asked as Taeyeon mirrored her image.

"She convinced most Faes to fight and contributed a lot to the war." Mark stated before recalling. "Do you remember the Seige of the Westward Summer Palace?"

"The one that had almost fallen to the hands of the Goblins?"

"Yes, she's the one who led the army of Faes and Dragons. Quite a clever Fae really, though I've never personally met her."

"We have," Jeno, Taeyeon and Irene said together out of scepticism.

"So has Haechan, he even went to the Fae world twice to retrieve a trinket that she had stolen from him."

Mark raised a brow, "Well that sounds like a tale to tell during dinner."

Donghyuck came back to Mark's side in the hope of launching a search team for his dear fae and he felt a scent in its faintest reach his senses.

Donghyuck gasped for the air as though he had been drowning.

"Brother?" Mark said, slightly over concerned.

"Where is she?" Donghyuck asked, searching wildly for her in the horde of people as his heartbeat sped.

He found her, at the centre of the hall putting her hand on her chest as if to calm her heart down.

Yeseul looked up and felt deja vu recur.

Across the sea of people, their eyes met.

And they fell in love all over again.

"Excuse me." She said, turning away from a conversation as she waded through tides of people.

Possessed, Donghyuck merely pushed people out of his way as he made his path to her.

When the people grew less, Yeseul sprinted into his arms and Donghyuck picked her up to the skies and twirling her around before engulfing her in a hug.

"Donghyuck." She cried out locked in a tight embrace before he kissed her forehead "Donghyuck, Donghyuck, Donghyuck" she held his face. "I love you."

"I love you too, Kim Yeeun."

Yeseul giggled through a teardrop.

"That's not going away anytime soon, is it?"

"You bet." He said before capturing her lips, relief flooded through his veins. She was real, not a figment of his tired imagination, she was here in his arms, safe.

Yeseul smiled through the kiss.

I've been missing a piece of me for so long, she thought as they broke and he rested the tip of his head.

They were home. Finally.

Yeseul remembered a detail from her memory.

"By the way, at what point were you supposed to tell me that you're the Prince of the Dragon realm."

"Uh well, about that," Donghyuck said, sheepishly. "I think we have a lot to explain for." He gestured towards everyone staring at them.

Yeseul groaned. She wasn't about to take the burden of dealing with her friends and everything else when she just reunited with the love of her life.

"Can we hold it off until tomorrow morning?"

Donghyuck raised a brow.

"I'm game but how're you gonna avoid them right now? I can see your folks and mine teaming up for a roasting session."

"Take my hand," Yeseul said.

He held it and then thoughtfully looked at it.

"You know I'm never letting you go right?"

Yeseul smiled, "I'm glad."

And they disappeared from the Hall at once.

Short, fast-paced(?), sweet-swoony end of this dragon-fae story!! Thank you for your time!!

The End