part 8

"There is joy in the air,

daffodils are in their yellow gowns,

and Winter has passed again,

with the grass to sing its peace anew,

Oh, there is joy in the air,

for spring has come to stay."

Young Faes sang many springtime melodies as Yeseul smiled, she walked swift and light on her feet as Faes danced their hearts out.

Today was the Imbolc festival, an important landmark to all Faes, for on this day they honoured the goddess of hearth, Brighid. The most popular ritual was to dance and sing till you could drop around fires and warmth.

"Seul, today was so amazing," Minjeong stated, twirling around.

"Mhmm." Yeseul touched all the trees on the path to her cabin in the Wayward woods, blessing them to blossom for the joy of spring. She had quite, ironically, made it her home.

"Say, Yeseul, do you happen to remember that Dragon?"

Her hand lay stationary on the trunk of the tree.

"Not as often as I used to,"

Minjeong looked at her critically.

"I see."

"Is something the matter, Minjeong ?"

"No, nothing. Just that it's funny the way the pair of you looked at each other."

"Why?"

"It seemed, at the Winter Ball, you knew him although you had a short meeting"

"I did."

"You're not getting me," Minjeong said, twirling a leaf between her fingers.

Yeseul plainly rose a brow at her fellow Fae.

"Yeseul, I've seen lovers and strangers. The way you held his gaze and he yours was odd."

And if Minjeong expected a reply, she didn't get one. Yeseul bid her goodbye and casted a spell of protection on Minjeong as she went back to the quarters.

Without further delay, she stepped forward on her porch and if she wasn't as sharp as she was then she would have missed the small stain in the corner.

Yeseul crouched to her feet.

"Atrum." She said aloud and a sphere of light appeared above her.

The stain was red, Yeseul touched it and instinctively knew it was blood.

She heard a groan nearby and Yeseul cautiously stepped over, the sphere of light ready at hand and an offensive attack on the tip of her tongue.

A deep red wing lay on the ground, trudging towards the figure laid on the dirt of the ground. Yeseul's eyes widened in realization.

"Haechan?!" She put her arms around him.

He grunted in pain as she carried him to her house and she laid him on her bed.

His black knee-length trousers were torn and tattered with bruises trailing all over his body, a lacerating scar started deep from his abdomen to his chest.

Yeseul removed her cloak and rummaged through her potion stores, one that had the root of the evening mistwood. She found the green potion quick enough and rushed back to his side.