part 5

Dark green trees that had a cold thawing stillness and the mockingbirds singing to the lonely grey skies before the dusk had even begun to settle was what Yeseul came back to.

She took a deep breath. Relaxing at the familiarity, shoulders relaxing and body at ease.

Yeseul's fingers tenderly brushed over her wrist, grasping at straws to feel the warmth that had been there a few moments ago.

It wasn't a harsh grip, but firm enough to cause light marks. Rough, calloused, warm and big, dragon hands on her wrist? Who would believe that?

She stepped out of the rickety cabin that was still the same as were the flowers she had planted just yesterday. The night sky now emerged in a dark canvas with stars gleaming like it would on a Midsummer's night.

"Yeseul! There you are. I've been searching for you all day!" Minjeong said, appearing from the corner with a watering can as Yeseul furrowed her brows.

"Umm, Minjeong I'm still on punishment and—" Yeseul stopped herself, she looked at Minjeong who was staring at her blankly.

"Seul, it's been a month already."

"What?!" Yeseul asked incredulously.

"Yeah, when we sent someone to bring you back but they didn't find you so I came here to look for you." Minjeong said, concerned. "Seul, is something wrong?"

"No, nothing at all." She replied.

So, Few hours in the Dragon realm is almost a month in Fae realm. Yeseul gave a mental note to visit the libraries to read more about the realms and also help note any addition information to the existing entries

Minjeong wasn't convinced by Yeseul's Face who was still deep in thought but bless her, she didn't press it.

"Oh Yeseul, those are pretty. Did you make them?" She pointed towards her keys.

Yeseul looked at her keys and a dam of emotions that she had been caging broke.

"Minjeong," She said as a tear ran down her cheek, in pure bliss and happiness. "I found my essence."

Minjeong's shock and elation at her friend's joy were hardly limiting as she enveloped her in a breathtaking hug. "I'm so happy for you, Yeseul."

"Thank you."

"But where did you find it?"

Yeseul examined her friend closely, she could surely trust Minjeong with this right?

"Oh, I stole it from a dragon."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Yeah, that kinda happened, Min."

"Wait," Minjeong said, "you met a dragon?"

"Dragons," Yeseul gently corrected, "I was sent into Dragnof, the realm of the dragons."

"How?!" Minjeong was more than excited, yet scared at the mention of the realm.

Yeseul smiled to the night skies, it really did feel like a dream in the night of Midsummer. She wondered if he would find her or if he would even attempt or would she ever know even if he did. Well, even if he did she doubted things would ever change.

Huh, Yeseul thought as she realised that she probably would never see any of them again.

She chuckled.

"It's a long tale."

"We got all the time"