part 11

A

war broke out.

Between Dragons and Goblins, it appeared that they had attempted to take away the life of King Taeyong who was now critically injured, the crown prince, Mark Lee declared war on Goblins and each of its allies but they really were at the losing side because there was a traitor among the Dragons, Yoojin his name was apparently, had divulged in insider information to bring downfall and Chaos over Dragnor.

When the war was declared, all creatures that were not Dragons disappeared from Dragnof to their respective lands which is why Yeseul was snatched away from Donghyuck arms and a second later, they felt the loss in a foreboding sense.

Ara hadn't been visited by Yeseul but a note was delivered to her at the dead of night.

"Thank you, Vera."

"Anytime, Headmistress."

She opened the sealed envelop as removed the note.

In elegant cursive was written,

Left for the royal kingdom. Won't know when I'll return. Take care, bye.

She merely blinked at the notions that presented itself.

What. In. Heavens.

-•-

Donghyuck fell to his feet behind his cover for safety.

He was brutally injured, it's what happens if one fights for three days without rest and he knew he needed to sleep or recuperate in some means or the other. Yeseul's protective spell could go only go for so long, his gaze dropped to the emerald ring shining through the dark.

If this war was to kill him, he just hoped Yeseul knew he would never stop loving her, he regretted not telling her that in the first place.

He groaned as he accidentally put pressure on his wound.

"Chan!" Jeno came through, strong on his feet.

"Are you alright?"

"Debatable."

"Jeez, what kind of idiot charges into battle for three days without any resources?"

"I reckon someone like me."

Jeno rolled his eyes, being helped to this feet, Donghyuck wondered how long it would be until the war was over.

And he lost sight of everything as the world turned black.

-•-

Mark sat down on the chair, alone in the war cabinet room, staring at the entire map of Dragnor. Clay models of Dragons were dotted all over it but they were now accompanied with tiny specks of dirt models which were Goblins. Moving anywhere would be a blunder.

He furrowed his brows in tension.

Perhaps, the main army could be moved eastwards. He thought as he moved the red clay models to that direction.

"That would be a blunder." a voice registered.

"How so, Taeyeon?"

"Moving eastwards would allow a link-up of the opposite forces of the West and South, therefore, closing in on the Centre. They would easily pillage the capital and it would swift victory after they capture your castle. Checkmate, then." The voice replied as he considered her remark.

"Oh and I'm not Taeyeon."

His eyes snapped up to see a girl, her hair reaching to her ankles with a fair crown on her pretty head.