part 10

It became a ritual.

Every day at midnight sharp, Donghyuck would sneak out of the Dragon realm to the Fae world and every single time, Yeseul would be waiting for him.

"It's alright if you can't make it here sometimes you know." She said, after listening to his troubled journey to escape Jeno's keen sight.

"Right. Like either of us would be alright with that arrangement." He replied, hugging her from the back, nuzzling into her hair.

"True." She said, turning around to face him. "But if it's difficult—"

He kissed her.

"For you to—-"

Another kiss.

"Sneak out—-"

Another kiss.

"Chan!"

He dared her to talk again but she simply sighed. Yeseul let her fingers touch the side of his cheek with a softened glow in her brown eyes.

"You're such an idiot."

"An idiot you like." He grinned.

With that, she couldn't argue.

"Hey, so what is your name again?"

Yeseul looked at him in utter disbelief.

"Yeseul. Kim Ye-seul."

"Kim Ye Seul," Donghyuck said, liking the way it sounded on his tongue. "It sounds nice."

Yeseul looked at him with a fond expression before shaking her head. "Idiot."

-•-

She had to take a deep breath.

Yeseul wasn't scared just a bit surprised. Donghyuck had wanted her to take him to a more secluded spot in the Woods which she did find, far into the trees and away from her own house. Though the need of it eluded her.

"Alright, don't run." He had joked before the transformation.

Into a full-sized dragon of red hues and powerful scales.

"So you were the red dragon at the beginning of it all huh?" She smiled, coming closer to touch the tip of his nose, a low guttural sound affirmed her.

"I've got something to show you too." Yeseul declared before calmly pulling her long hair in front.

Golden and white wings of soft feathers drew out from her back, in pure light, they stretched out with grace. Her tattoos lined all across her body twirling around the celestial symbols of the stars in runes as her wings turned into the colour of the night sky with a million stars upon them.

Her true Fae form.

"The runes symbolise the kind of magic one has." She explained.

The dragon looked at her curiously.

So you command the Celestial skies? He asked, telepathically communicating with her.

"I just command a few spirits that's it." She said nervously at his overestimation.

He didn't seem convinced but decided to leave the topic resilient, Donghyuck looked up to the skies.

"You want to fly with me?" Yeseul asked, raising a brow.

"Think you could keep up with me?" She challenged playfully.

Donghyuck grinned at her.

One who reaches the clouds first wins.