Chapter Two

"And I told her like oh my God that is like the cutest purse I had ever seen. So I took daddy's credit card and-."

With all the intensity he could muster, Corvo glared at Sonny Pacino. His stupid idea that he should go to this ball and begin making contacts with the sons and daughters of the huge companies and politicians. While Corvo is the head of the Corleone family, Sonny is the face. To the outside world Corleone family are the owners of the finest restaurants of the city, practically having a monopoly over the best restaurants in the city, which is true due to the fact that many of the restaurants pay protection to the Corleone family.

Corvo ground his teeth. 15 or not, he did not have to listen to the babbling of a 17 year old air headed heiress with nothing except a pound of make up on her face, similar to a clown.

Corvo hastily excused himself to step into the kitchen. He ignored the stares of the kitchen staff and helped himself to a glass of whiskey. He left a small amount of bills under the bottle and left the kitchen feeling somewhat relaxed. Or maybe that's the alcohol.

"Corvo honey!"

Corvo's eye twitched violently as he recognized the voice. His personal stalker as Sonny would say. Paige Mahley, daughter of the Senator of New York. Corvo had been asked to escort Paige once at a party as Sonny and her father did business. The business venture was successful but Corvo was on the raw end of the deal as Paige was infatuated with him. Corvo despised it for one reason.

She was the epitome of girly.

She loves pink, flowers, laces, cute things, and above all, reading and watching Twilight. Corvo gagged at the thought. He abhorred the color pink and hated Twilight so much that he used the monstrous influence he had to cut off the showing of Twilight a month early in every theater in New York and had every copy of Twilight book stolen from every major bookstore and burned in the middle of Central City Park. Was the most reckless move he ever made and was extremely bad publicity. But it was one of the happiest moments of his life. That along with making every raven in New York crap on the cast of Twilight.

"Where are you my vampire hottie?"

Corvo had the urge to shoot her just for that blasphemous statement. He looked around frantically to see a young woman with long brown hair around his age standing near the drinks, observing people. Corvo swiftly walked towards her and faced her.

"I'll give you ten grand in cash if you won't scream," Corvo whispered frantically. He looked over his shoulder to see Paige walking towards him. Corvo quickly hugged the girl's middle and kiss her. The girl was surprised but began following along, running her hands across his back and hair.

"CORVO YOU BASTARD!"

Corvo turned around to see Paige run off in tears. He gave a huge sigh of relief and turned to the girl he kissed.

"I'm sorry about that madam but desperate times called for desperate measures," Corvo explained apologetically. The girl smiled.

"It was my pleasure. That girl was getting on my nerves as well. Talking about some bastardized homosexual vampire and how wonderful he was all evening. It was until she saw you that she left me alone," the girl replied. Corvo laughed.

"Well, thank you miss-?"

"Greengrass. Daphne Greengrass, daughter of Lord Greengrass," the girl replied. Corvo smiled and gave a graceful bow.

"Well I am Corvo Corleone," Corvo said. He noticed a lock of hair and swept it back. He failed to notice the open expression of shock on Daphne's face before she hid it. Daphne smiled and curtsied.

"I must admit Mr. Corleone you aren't quite as I expected," Daphne said. Corvo smirked.

"Well, what were you expecting Signora?" Corvo asked smoothly. Daphne raised a thin eyebrow.