Chapter Eight

Diagon Alley

Tom sighed as he looked at the ransacked bar of his. Another group of Death Eaters had come and ruined his place again. Drinking his stock while threatening the patrons into joining the Dark Lord, albeit in a drunken manner. The loss of the alcohol wasn't as big a problem but it was the impact of the actions the Death Eaters had. A bar is supposed to be a place where people could relax, socialize, and escape the hectic world. Not a place to be threatened at.

A bell interrupted his thoughts. He looked up to see a group of men and women wearing muggle clothes enter his bar. The men tipped their hats to him and smiled.

"Morning to you barkeep," one said. "Do you have 4 spare rooms?"

Tom smiled. "Of course. Give me a moment here."

Tome went out the back and searched through a small drawer for keys. When he went back, he saw that the group of guests were in the bar fixing the wreckage from the Death Eaters last night. Tom smiled widely.

"Such nice people in this world," Tom thought. He handed the keys to the stranger. "Thank you for your help Mr-?"

"My name is Tommy. Over there is Frankie. Then there's Mikhail and Nikolai. Natalya and Lifan. And lastly the twins, Terrence and Tyrel," the man said. He then looked over at the wreckage of the bar and frowned. "What happened here?"

Tom frowned. "Its been a horrible time. Aurors are under manned and thugs known as Death Eaters are out of control. Often threatening innocent businessmen and shopkeepers such as myself. These are terrible times my friend."

Tommy gave Tom a friendly pat on the back. "Well Tom, we'll be your security. It may not look like it but my friends and I can take care of your problems."

Tom smiled gratefully. "I'm not sure if you know what you're getting into but I thank you. Please do not get hurt on the account of me."

Tommy laughed. "Oh don't worry. We can take care of ourselves."

Hours later

Tommy and Nikolai were at the bar, talking amiably with Tommy, showing him different recipes of drinks. They were appalled to find out the bar had barely other drinks aside from Firewhiskey, wine, and mead. No beer for God's sake. They went to the nearest muggle liquor store and cleared out the store before heading back to the bar. Tommy and Nikolai were barkeepers back in New York and showed Tom how to make a variety of common martinis and drinks.

"Give me a Mai Tai Tom," Tommy called out. Tom nodded and quickly prepared the drink. He gave it to Tommy who swallowed a mouthful of the drink. "Easy on the syrup next time buddy."

"Vodka shot and keep 'em coming," Nikolai rumbled in a heavy Russian accent. Tom poured out several shots and handed them to Nikolai. The bearlike man downed them easily.

"I've got to thank you Tommy," Tom said. "I never knew you could make so many drinks."

"Well muggles have been finding ways to get drunk since the beginning of time," Tommy chuckled. "To the muggles!"

"Hear hear!"

Tommy laughed and knocked back another mouthful of the fruity drink. He laid the glass down and looked at the crowd. It was an odd bunch from his perspective but he had enough tact not to say anything.