Chapter Ten

Two Weeks Later. The Raven's Coven

Amelia Bones frowned as she waited at the bar in the shady club. Unlike the humble and historic Leaky Cauldron, this place was loud with music, smoky with the cigars and joints lit within the place, and smelled of cheap perfume and alcohol. Her eyes narrowed as she looked around the club. Tables and booths were spread out through the bar with Veela dancers moving sensuously with music blaring loudly through the speakers. Wizards in the chair were hooting loudly as they showered the dancers with money, not caring as their senses were trapped by the trio of liqour, drugs, and beautiful women. Amelia took a glance at her boss, Minister Fudge, drooling shamelessly with a glass of scotch barely hanging in his hand. Around them, most of their guards were not concentrating and instead were staring at the barely naked Veelas, teasing them with every move. Of the ten Aurors they had with them, only Tonks and Kingsley were able to stay alert. Amelia took another look around and saw numerous me in long dark coats, wearing mirrored sunglasses, standing completely still, watching vigilantly for any troublemakers. Amelia sighed, wishing her Aurors could have that amount of self control.

"Excuse me ma'am."

Amelia turned around to see Frankie standing near her.

"The Godfather will see you now."

Amelia followed Frankie while Tonks had to tug Minister Fudge along like a child. Not that she couldn't blame him. One Veela's aura was hard to withstand but ten all in the same area was extremely tough. Frankie opened a door in the dark corners of the bar to reveal a hidden hallway. Amelia's sharp eyes spotted living quarters and storage facilities within the bar. However she ignored the numerous mirrored orbs above her as well as the small dots on the hallways. Frankie turned a corner and opened the door for Amelia and Fudge. They stepped into a dimly lit, red room and an empty table. Frankie motioned them to sit.

"The Godfather will see you shortly."

Amelia sat down, glancing at the corners surreptitiously searching for any advantage if these negotiations go southwards. Fudge however looked completely insulted and pouted on his chair like a spoiled child.

The wall on their right lit the room, temporarily blinding them. Amelia saw a picture of a raven on a white background before it showed a man in the shadows. The man was wearing a pinstriped suit and was sitting at a table. Aside from his thinly smiling mouth, all that Amelia could see was his eyes glowing brightly from the shadows.

"Madam Bones. Minister Fudge. I am glad to see you here today. First of all, I would like to say it is a pleasure for to be meeting with some of the most important wizards of England."

Predictably, Fudge puffed up in pride while Amelia's eyes merely narrowed, observing.

"I am the Godfather. As you may have heard through some of your subordinates or otherwise, I have been dealing with a faction in your government known as the Death Eaters led by a person known as Lord Voldemort."

Amelia and Fudge flinched at the name.

"You-Know-Who does not exist. He died 15 years ago at the hands of Harry Potter!" Fudge stated. The Godfather frowned slightly.

"Hmm. Well then, the amount of Death Eaters in the Alleys must be organizing for a coup or rebellion. Trying to intimidate and bully the fellow shopkeepers in this fine alley. Madam Bones, if I may. The Aurors are no doubt a splendid task force, but they are stretched too thin. Many of the shops here have been threatened more than once before I came here."