' 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

she muffled her cries by shoving her face into the pillow. it wasn't fair she had to feel like this. she trusted negan with clementine. she truly believed he wasn't a bad person.

-

vi finished up her little meltdown, and sat herself against the headboard. a knock on the door pulled her from her thoughts. she stood, and headed to the front of their small home, orion in her arms.

"hey, sunshine." negan apologetically smiled, before inviting himself inside. "sorry i caused trouble in paradise."

"wasn't your fault." she mumble, shutting the door behind the man. "he doesn't get it." she leaned against the door, staring down at the newborn.

"he's beautiful, genevieve." negan spoke, following the woman's gaze. admittedly, he liked her. he favored her. he cared for her. it wasn't her fault that simon was fucking disgusting.

"isn't he?" she felt a small smile form on her lips. "wanna hold him?" she asked, moving towards the couch. he followed.

"yes- please." negan sat, rubbing his sweaty hands against his pants, accepting orion once he was offered.

"did you ever have kids?" genevieve asked, taking a seat.

"wanted to. never got around to it." he muttered, looking down at the boy.

"you could now? one of your wives." vi suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

"wouldn't be the same. i don't love them like i did lucille."

"lucille.. was that your wife's name?"

she received a nod in return.

"i'm so—"

"what the hell is he doing here, holding our fucking baby?" the front door slammed shut, startling orion awake. neither negan or genevieve even noticed the door open.

"he was apologizing." genevieve retorted, plucking orion back from negan's arms to calm him down.

"so why was he holding orion?" paul was furious. why did he even come home?

"because i offered." genevieve stood, her whole body aching. she leaned her head to the side, eyebrows furrowing. "you're scaring him, paul. stop yelling."