Ruining It

I don't know why I snapped like that at Danielle but I felt so bad when I got home. She was the light in my world and I had just broken her. Should I text her? I thought. No, I'll wait till tomorrow at school and talk to her in person. I went to the kitchen to get supper ready and to start my homework. Nate was at the dining room table coloring as I could up some noodles and sauce for supper. As the food was cooking I worked on my science homework finally getting fed up and screaming. Nate looked up startled by the Peppa pig coloring book he was filling out.

"Sorry little guy," I said, picking him up and placing him on my hip."Big sister is just struggling." I booped his nose and sat him at the breakfast bar to eat a snack of a fruit salad and crackers. Nate and I talked about the shows he has been watching and what he enjoyed now that he was four whole years old. He talked about how daycare was going and what he and Rachelle had done while I was gone. Rachelle was the girl who walked him home and watched him till I got home. I laughed at his four-year-old babble and turned to dish out some supper for him and me since dad wouldn't be home till eight tonight.

After supper, I got Nate into the bath and got him ready for bed. While he watched Paw Patrol I washed the supper dishes and set out dad's bowl. As I was starting the dishwasher he walked through the door and Nate ran up to him.

"Daddaaaa!" Nate squealed.

I smiled," Hey, Dad,"

Dad kissed my cheek and picked up Nate. "Hey, honey." He turned to bring his briefcase into the dining room placing it on the table. "I think it's time for you to head to bed, bud." He said turning to Nate and carrying him up the stairs.

While he was gone I warmed up dad's supper and turned on his favorite news channel before going upstairs to my room to study. I lay on my bed flipping through my science book sighing heavily as I went. Why did my science teacher have to assign homework on the first day of school? Is she the devil? I thought to myself as I read through the different pieces we were assigned. We were mainly told to read over the course overview and look over the website our teacher had created for us. To allow us to figure out how different things work and to have the layout/diagram for different things we would have to discuss later on in class. When I finally finished reading over the information for class I lay back on my bed putting earbuds in to blast Taylor Swift's music. As the music drifted through my headphones tears start to flow down my cheeks. Why does everything perfect have to be destroyed? First, it was my perfectly happy family when my mom passed away, then my sister moved to New York, and now I am arguing with my best friend who is also my girlfriend. When will it all end? I thought to myself as I got up from my bed and headed to the washroom to get ready for bed. As I brushed my teeth I looked at myself in the mirror and saw dried tears and red eyes staring back at me. I looked away and shuddered. I finished in the bathroom and crawled under the covers of my bed and fell asleep.