- VI -

~~~

chaab

Mando'a

Fear

~~~

In the streets of Ord Mantell City.
Planet Ord Mantell.
Ten minutes after Cassiopeia passed out.

'Force, please guide me to my daughter' Eveline begged while she ran through the dirty streets of the smugglers city.

The slowly decaying houses flew past her in a blurry brown smudge, but the Jedi Master didn't need to see to find her path.

Never ever had Cassiopeia been so far away from her, and she had never wandered off so far only by herself. Eveline wondered why she had done that - had there been such an important point of interest to Cassiopeia that just let her forget about their arrangement?

Her daughter was smarter than that.

Eveline's jogging was brutally stopped by something hard and cold in her path.

"Kriff!" The woman cursed in Mando'a. She wanted to continue to curse, but the words got stuck in her throat as she looked up to what had stopped her.

No, who had stopped her.

Two soldiers in an ash grey suit with painted black parts towered over her.

Because of the stories of Captain Rex, Eveline recognized them as a part of the Imperial 501. Legion if not for the circular imperial signature blazon that gave them away.
Yet these two wore armor, which was slightly modified and looked way more expensive and exclusive than the usual stormtrooper attire.

The visor shone in a lovely cyan.

'Special Commandos, oh no...'

Slowly, the one she had bumped into turned around and put his right hand on his DC-15 blaster.

Eveline could hear her own heartbeat ringing in her ears.

"Mam, are you alright?" The second soldier asked and offered his hand. Unlike his partner, he seemed to be friendly and not as hostile, seeing he didn't grab his blaster.

"Udesii, Dar. That's just a civilian."

The soldier addressed as 'Dar' took his hand away from his weapon and continued to be silent.

"Kriff happens, am I right?" The friendly one stuck out his hand for Eveline to hold on to. With small stains of sweat on her forehead, the Jedi took his hand and got back to her feet.

She touched her mouthguard unobtrusively.

'Still there. Everything will be fine.'

But Eveline didn't quite believe her own affirmations.

"Are you looking for someone, Mam?" asked the friendly soldier and took off his grey helmet. The widely known face of Jango Fett greeted her.
Well, at least at first glance, because clone troopers aren't one hundred percent the same, there are always individual marks and features.

You just had to look close enough.

Dar clutched his hands into fists but tried to keep a neutral attire.

'Good soldiers follow orders.'

Eveline could hear the voice of him in his head even though Dar didn't say anything out loud.
She knew this sentence so well.
Even though it was said by a special person in a mocking tone most of the time.