disclaimer! ☆

here is where i write about all the necessary disclaimers.

first off and by far the most important, i will crawl into a hole and die if dave grohl or anyone close with him ever lays eyes on this story. this work is entirely fictional. it never happened. nothing is meant to be implied about the "real people" named in this story, and absolutely no malice is intended at any point, no matter what the narrative might say for the sake of plot points. this is all pure fantasy your new best friend val created, okay? this is not meant to be viewed as factual by any stretch of the imagination. 

if you're reading this, i love you, but don't come for me. you clicked on this shit. it might say that my account was very recently created, but i've been on wattpad for years. i've also been on ao3, fanfiction.net, livejournal, fucking tumblr. i know some of y'all are crazy. capeesh?

excellent. ;)

now that the obligatory threatening is over, hi!!! i'm so glad you clicked on this shit. just because you did, i'll try to entertain you as best i can.

however, i can't entertain you if you will be triggered by the themes present in this story, which are, in a random order, as follows:

☆ drug addiction, substances as a whole (weed, alcohol)

☆ mental illness

☆ abusive parenting/religious trauma

☆ gun violence

☆ sexual content

☆ character death

☆ cancer (really just mentioned though)

☆ rockstar level swearing

☆ puking due to heavy drinking

without major spoilers, this story has some dark themes that can be very disturbing at points. please be cautious.

if everything sounds okay to you so far, i'll tell you a little about how this story came to be. this fake little story is intended as a love letter to my favourite (for the most part) foo fighters album, 1999's there is nothing left to lose. if you're looking for a playlist to listen to as you read, that album is just about perfect. there's nothing like that aurora > live-in skin > next year > headwires combo, i tell ya. in the year 2023, i think all of us have at least a little less to lose, don't we?

here's what dave once said about the recording process of the album:

"it was all about just settling into the next phase of your life, that place where you can sit back and relax because there had been so much crazy shit in the past three years. at that point it was me, taylor and nate and we were best friends. it was one of the most relaxing times of my whole life. all we did was eat chili, drink beer and whiskey and record whenever we felt like it. when i listen to that record it totally brings me back to that basement. i remember how it smelled and how it was in the spring so the windows were open and we'd do vocals until you could hear the birds through the microphone. and more than any other record i've ever done, that album does that to me."

it's springtime again, fans of the foo fighters have been through a lot, so we deserve to come back to this vibe.

finally, this one is for anyone reading this who may be losing hope like dave and landry. this phrase might not make total sense to you yet, but you will find your aurora moment.

okay, alright, let's go. here is where i stop rambling and give you the first chapter.

(rest in peace, taylor hawkins. i love you.)