Love Don't Cost A Thing (Nick Cannon)

Year: 2003

Year: 2003

📍Nick & Mila's Home: Malibu, CA, 12:30pm

Another day, another argument with Nick. I can't seem to get my frustrations through to him without him storming out on me. He's always so busy with his career, I receive little to no attention from him even when he's here.

Anyways, just returning home with groceries, I head to the kitchen to unpack everything. Chicken, Milk, Cheese....

Mila: Where the fuck is the butter?

I scoffed, I forgot to grab butter. The only thing weighing on my mind in that supermarket was the unresolved issues in this house.

Since Nick's family had planned to fly in this evening, I have to prepare all the food before 7pm. Knowing I had that southern flare in me, they requested my famous mac n cheese, chicken wings, and greens. So, I just had to have that butter.

I walk back out to the foyer , grab my purse and walk over to the door.

As soon as I stuck my hand out to open the door, I heard the knob jingling, indicating Nick was home. The door swung open and he was startled by my presence at the door. Really, I had nothing to say to him and was just wanting to go about my business.

He parted his lips to speak but I pushed my way by him and got into my car.

_____________________________________

Returning from the grocery store, I sighed as I pulled into the driveway. I saw his car was still parked in our driveway, which was unusual at this hour, it was 1pm on a Tuesday. Usually he would be out at a meeting, or recording music at the studio. I shrugged it off, he's probably nervous about his parents visiting , they were really critical of him and his success.

I grabbed the butter and locked my car. I walked to the front door, took a sigh, and opened the door.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw a trail of roses on the floor leading up the stairs. I usually know his shenanigans but this time, it may be different, maybe he listened to me.