Hot In Herre (Nelly)

Year: 2002

Year: 2002

📍West Hollywood, CA

Lately, I've been living like a celebrity. The last few checks I received from my music video appearances were PHAT. So of course, I've decided to use that money to elevate my status.

I enrolled in this fancy gym that only the most prestigious celebrities work out in. Costing a little over $599 a month, not just anyone can work out here. Which is why I'm nervous..

Will they notice I'm not one of them? Visually I fit the Hollywood standard but deep down I'm just a girl from Brooklyn.

I just stopped thinking about it and changed into my cutest workout attire.

I run downstairs, feed my dog Bentley, grab my gym bag, and head out the door.

📍HEAT Gym & Spa (8:00am)

When I arrived at the gym, I noticed it was almost empty. After all, it was the day after Christmas, I'm sure most people are still traveling.

I walked in and was immediately greeted by a staff member at the desk.

Staff: Good Morning, Ma'am!

Me: Good Morning, how are you?

I smiled politely.

Staff: Doing well! How are you?

Me: Excited to work out!

We both laughed.

Staff: Understandable! Are you new here?

I nodded.

Staff: Oh! Well welcome to our gym!

She reaches under her desk and hands me a welcome packet with a map and guide of the gym and its looonnggg list of amenities.

Me: Wow, you guys have everything in here huh?

She smiles and leans in,

Staff: Hey, bang for your buck.

This lady was really something else, I like her.

I laugh,

Me: You're right, it isn't cheap. But, I'm looking to maybe use a spin bike?

She rises from her seat and signals for me to follow her. We begin to walk down a long hallway.

 We begin to walk down a long hallway