Freek'n You (DeVante Swing)

Year: 1995
📍Forbidden Pleasures, Las Vegas, Nevada

After our successful closing show at the MGM in Las Vegas, we debated in the limo how we were going to celebrate

Jojo: So how y'all feeling bout the strip club?

He slurred after downing his fifth shot of Alize.

K-Ci: You know I'm always down to throw some cash!

Everyone laughed and dapped each other up. I sat there not straight-faced but not amused either.

Dalvin hit me on the shoulder and laughed,

Dalvin: C'mon Vante, loosen up!

They continued to laugh in excitement as I poured a shot of whiskey.

They knew I didn't like going to strip clubs. Especially not with my girl back in Charlotte. I'm better than to embarrass her like that at a strip club with a bunch of girls I couldn't care less about.

K-Ci rolled his eyes at my lack of reaction,

K-Ci: This nigga always thinks he better than somebody..damn!

I sharpened my eyes at him,

Devante: I don't think I'm better, I know I'm better. What about Niecy? How would she feel about you fondling ass in a strip club?

He snapped at me,

K-Ci: Man spare me the bullshit, don't go trying to act all godly like you didn't cheat on Myra when you fucked Janet Jackson.

Jojo & Dalvin began to snicker and imitate moaning noises.

I regretted sleeping with Janet, I really did.

Devante: You know I'm a different person now...at least I'm trying to be, why don't you try too?

He scoffs then smiles,

K-Ci: Yeah..yeah, after we go to the strip club tonight.

Chiming in drunkenly,

Jojo: Look, if you're r-really  trying to become a better man....j-just stay around the bar, no one said you had to be around the girls.

Surrendering, I nodded my head slowly in agreement.

The three of them started to celebrate and Dalvin told the driver to head to the best strip club in Vegas.

Shortly, we pulled into the parking lot. This place was packed with so many cars that they started to pile up on the side of the road.