14. Dead phones & Torn dresses!

Adam Walton

I am watching '1O things I hate about you' today. I watched Notting Hill yesterday. I found it quite boring. I am so desperate to find out if I feel anything for Bella more than just lust that I am watching my second rom-com in my car.

I am finding this movie better than the one I watched last night. Seeing Bella last night at the store encouraged me to watch rom-coms. Her messy hair looked a hundred times more attractive.

I wish I could see the look on her face when she saw the message engraved on the back of the watch I gifted her. I hope she hasn't thrown the watch away. She hasn't confronted me about the watch yet. I am sure she is planning something.

I called her a stalker last night when I am the one who was stalking her. The watch I gifted her is a GPS-tracking watch. That is how I knew where she was last night.

I am planning on doing it tonight too. I don't trust Rendell with her. What if he takes her to a remote location and tries to kill her? Bloody murderer.

But first I have to convince Bella to accept the watch and wear it at all times. She will be hard to convince. She acts like an ice queen with me. Is she still mad at me for making out in front of her locker all those years ago? She is the one to hold grudges. I don't even remember the girl's name. Was it Sarah or Ana?

My thoughts about a certain criminal defense lawyer are interrupted by my stupid phone.

Surprise, surprise! It's the same criminal defense lawyer I was just thinking about. We just met last night. And it's eleven in the morning. Does she miss me already? Can't blame her though. I have saved her name as Cherry. This nickname goes best with her.

I answer the phone on the second ring.

"Adam Walton, how dare you send me a watch?" she yells from the other side of the phone. Woah. Someone's pretty mad. Her voice brings a huge smile to my face. I don't try to hide it as no one's around me.

"Morning to you too, Cherry," I answer calmly.

"The watch, Adam. I am asking about the fucking watch. I thought I made myself perfectly clear when I sent the stripper to your parents' place," she yells even louder. I am going to lose my ears one of these days. All because of her.

"I thought by now you must have come across the fact that I am not afraid of your Barbie-like threats," I try to provoke her.

I am disappointed that she is not confronting me about the watch face to face. That would have been more fun.

"That's not the answer to my question," I can feel her rolling her eyes at me. She looks sexy doing that.

"What was the question again?" I ask playfully.

"God, Adam, why would you send me that watch?" She asks again.

"I like giving you presents, that's all," I know I can give her a straight answer, but that will only make her end the conversation early, and I don't want that. I like talking to her.

"You and I barely know each other, and you like giving me presents? Wow, Adam, how cool of you. What's next? Are we going to drink each other's blood to make our bond stronger?" This almost makes me laugh, but I resist. Her sense of humor makes her more attractive.

"That can be arranged if you want."

She ignores my reply and says, "What about that creepy message on the back of the watch?"

Fucking finally. I was waiting for her to talk about it. I almost thought she didn't read it.

"Oh, that. Did you like it? I came up with it myself," I tease.