3. Do I miss my old life?

Bella Reynolds

Grandi's driver, James, came early in the morning to pick me up. I packed all my stuff in haste. I just packed some work clothes, one pair of footwear of every kind, and my gym wear. I don't compromise on my workout routine.

Today, I'm going to work on Rendell's bail. The firm I work for, Saoirse & Yael, is the second-best law firm in New York City. Last night, I told them about the critical situation of Rendell and asked them to let me handle the case of my husband.

Thank God, the firm was fine by that. Otherwise, things would have been difficult. I mean, choosing between my husband and this stupid job. Not exactly stupid, but still.

It was a 20-minute drive from my place to Grandi's. I look at the 15,000 square feet mansion in front of me when I get out of the the7-seater Rosewood metallic Cadillac XT6. I miss this place. The last time I was here was when my parents died. This place looks more enormous than the last time.

 This place looks more enormous than the last time

It's a waterfront mansion. Ha, what a slap to my face. I don't even have a pool in my house. Rendell and I didn't want a luxurious mansion like the one in front of me. I sometimes regret that decision. Our house has 3 rooms and 4 baths. This mansion has 22 rooms and 25 baths. It's a beautiful house, but nothing compared to the one I'm in right now.

This place is a dream. I've spent almost 25 years in this dream. This place reminds me of my lifestyle before marrying Rendell. I wouldn't call myself a spoiled brat, but I was once a big shopper. My life was all about clothes, shoes, and cars. Okay fine, it still is.

I look at my surroundings. The outdoor space of this mansion is breathtaking. Aaron and I used to play here all the time as kids.

I am wearing my best dress, carrying myself with confidence. I rarely wear any color other than black, but today I am.

I'm thinking about Rendell and how much I want him with me right now

I'm thinking about Rendell and how much I want him with me right now. I don't feel like going inside. This place brings back old memories, horrible memories of how I didn't talk to my parents for almost a year. However, it was too late before I even realized that not talking to them is completely wrong.