Part 2

MK and Y/N walked downstairs to find their father rushing around like crazy "Dad! Dad! Is this a good time to talk?" MK asked.

"Ow. Hold on, I'll be right down! Ow!" Their was a lot of grunting and crashing into things. Ozzy wasn't helping "Ozzy! Ozzy, stop!" their Dad said laughing "Fetch the camera!"

"Why do you have security cameras, anyway?" Y/N asked curiously "Do people around here steal old newspapers?"

"Oh, no, no. They're not security cameras." he grunted as he tried too find his helmet "No, I have an extensive network all through the forest, yeah. I don't know how much of my research your mother explained."

"Um... nothing. Just that you have a delusional belief... in an advanced society of tiny people living in the woods... and it ruined your career... not to mention your marriage." MK said going into detail "Or something?" she added when she noticed the look their father was giving them.

He laughed awkwardly "Well... your mother had a wonderful sense of humour. But I'm not delusional. I know they're out there. It's intuition, like scientists intuited the atom. These little guys are a big part of the ecosystem... the engine, if you will, and I will prove it. Here."

He grabbed his iPod and linked it to the series of security camera speakers. He pressed play but all the girls heard was Bats screeching on record"

"You have bat sounds on your iPod? Why?" Y/N asked covering her ears.

"To study them." he explained "They don't really fly in your hair. That's a myth. But I was trying to identify--the frequencies that draw bats to gather with their own kind. So I slowed the sounds down... and I put them through some proprietary filters... and guess what I heard."

MK let out a sarcastic sigh "Voices?"

"Yes!" he replied playing the record again. It now had people speaking it was going to fast to understand but Y/N heard voices speaking "Isn't that cool?" he asked.

"Okay... if tiny men are flying around in the forest... how come I've never seen them?" MK wondered.

"No, that's easy." their Dad said laughing "It's the same reason we can't hear them. They just move too fast, like insects." A fly flew by "Didn't you ever wonder why it was so hard to swat a fly? My theory is they're actually livin' faster. Like in a different dimension. So, no matter how fast we think we are...to them we're just big and dumb and...slow." he demonstrated trying to catch it.

"Have you ever seen one?" MK asked him looking at Y/N.

He stuttered "Well, you know, uh... You know what? Just because you haven't seen something... doesn't mean it's not there. I, you know, that's... Come on."

Y/N had had enough "Okay, we need to talk."

"I know it's a lot to take in." He assured them quickly.

"She mean about us." MK explained. His face lit up "Oh, no! No, we'll do it together! Yeah, all three of us. Here, I made these for you two."

MK looked down "Dad, look... I am almost old enough to be on my own anyway... so I think it would be better if I just..."

"Um... You two don't want to live here? That's what you want?" he sighed.

Y/N burst into a torrent of emotion "No, it's not what I want. I want you to stop! All this! And be normal. I just I want a dad who's not-" she heard the beeps and alarms coming form the security device and she just glared.

He looked at it briefly "Oh, um, okay. This is big. This is a big thing goin' on right now. Let me just find--"

"Where are you going?" Y/N asked shocked that he was doing this in the middle of their serious conversation.

"I'm just going to investigate, rather-- Okay, something must be happenin'." the monitors just continued beeping "Ooh! Uh... Let's see. Where's my camera?"

"Are you serious?" Y/N shouted at him.

"You have to catch things in the moment... while they're happening... otherwise you miss a chance that could be gone forever." he explained to the pair.

MK glared at him too "You're missin' a chance right now! Are you even listening?"

"Look, you've gotta believe me. I am so close. All I need is one little breakthrough." Their father told them sadly "This could be it! I will clear this all up when I get back! I promise!"

"Sure, Dad. We'll be here. In reality." Y/N yelled after him.