Part 8

They flew back silently to Moonhaven where the pod would bloom. Nim Galuu smiled "You guys made it! I knew you would."

"You got that from the scrolls?" MK asked curiously. He shook his head smiling "Some things you just know.
Hmm. Let's see. Moonlight comes in here, moves along here... reaches the Pod here. At the moon's highest peak. Only time it can bloom"

"Do you know what this means?" Mub said "We single-handedly saved the forest! Eye five! Down low. Too slow."

Nod tapped Y/N's shoulder "So, when the Pod opens, what happens to you?"

"I think I go home." Y/N said sorrowfully. He stroked the back of his neck awkwardly "Well, I guess this is--"
Y/N nodded "Yeah, I guess it is." Suddenly the pod moved to the moonlight only to cower away as it was covered.

"Mandrake's bats!" MK explained looking at the sky.

"They're not attacking, they're just blocking out the moon." Y/N realised fearfully. Nod and all the Leafman got ready and they flew into battle. Leaving Y/N, MK, Nim, Mub and Grub with the Pod.

"What are you doin'?" MK asked her sister as she grabbed a large sword.

"I'm going to help." Y/N told her. Nim Galuu stopped her "Whoa, whoa. You heard the queen! If you wanna get home... you have to be here with the Pod when it blooms. Isn't that what you want?"

"So I should just sit here?" Y/N asked them confused. Nim shook his head "I didn't say that."

"Then I'm goin' up there." She told him stubbornly he again shook his head "I didn't say that either."

"You don't even know what you're sayin'." Y/N told him.

"I'm sayin', who gives up everything... for a world that's not even theirs?" Nim asked the girls.

Y/N thought "Dad." MK looked at her "Dad does! I have to get dad!" MK nodded and the two girls tried to run off.

"Where do you think you're goin'?" Nim asked the girls.
"The queen said we were here for a reason. This must be it." Y/N told him as hey found a bird and she began to fly looking for the security cameras.

"That's my girl." Nim smiled then he received a glare from Mub.

They found a camera "Hey, Dad! Come on, I need your help the camera beeped and shut down. "Whoa, whoa!"

They tried a different one but each one just shut down "Hey, Dad! Come on, I need your help, Dad! What? No! No! Dad, look at me! I'm right here! Just check your cameras!"

They flew to a final camera "Dad, please! Please, I need you." Y/N yelled.

"MK! Duck!" She did and Y/N cut through a Boggan. "I am so over Boggans." MK yelled as another followed them as they twisted and turned through the forest.

Suddenly Ozzy leapt up and ate the Boggan. "Ah!" MK yelled while Y/N gasped "Ozzy!"

They spotted their father running towards them in his gear "Dad! Don't faint!" He smiled shaking his head "I won't!"

"How did you find us?" MK asked confused. He pulled out a red pin from his vest "I got your message."

Y/N looked at her sister and smiled before looking at her Dad "You were right."
"About what?" He asked.

Y/N sighed "About everything. I'm sorry." Their dad looked as if he was going to tear up "Me, too." He paused "How did you get so small?"

"Dad, it was amazing! They're real!" MK explained Y/N heard a bat screech "And they need your help. Follow us!"

The two girls lead him to Moonhaven "It's all real!" he gaspe "It's really here!"

"Dad, the bats! We have to get them away from the moon." Y/N told

He wasn't paying attention "It's so beautiful" he marvelled. "There's no time!" MK exclaimed gesturing to the moon.

"But what matters most is--" he said slowly. Y/N shook her head yelling "Not now!"

Y/N jumped from the bird to her fathers pocket and lifted his iPod. She searched desperately through the sounds "Oh! Oh, you want me to play the frequencies that...attract the--" all the bats heard the sound through his speakers and they ran after him.

"Run! We'll find you, Dad! we just have to get back before--" there was a bright light. The girls faces fell .

"Oh! Oh! Ow, ow, ow! They really do go in your hair!" Their dad screamed running away.

The girls flew back desperately. Y/N saw Nod and Ronin on the floor "You look terrible." Nod told him.

"Hey, did you see how many times I got hit? I learned that from you." Ronin said chuckling.

"You're not going to make me say all the stuff... I learned from you now, are you?" Nod asked jokingly.

"Well, you'd have learned a heck of a lot more from your dad." Ronin said sadly "I was a pretty poor substitute."

"Don't beat yourself up. Lately you've shown some real promise." Nod joked comfortingly.

"Oh, please. Just say you love each other." Y/N said. Ronin smiled jokingly "I thought we just did."

Nod jumped up "Hey, you're still here." Y/N shrugged "Yeah. I guess we missed our chance."

"I'm sorry. But not completely sorry." Nod stuck out his hand and Y/N shook it. "Wow! Strong grip!" he commented as she got lifted in the air.

"What's happenin'?" MK yelled as she got pulled by the same force.

"A queen brought you here.
How 'bout a queen sends you back?" Nim Galuu said gesturing to the new Queen.

"It's working! We have to say goodbye!" MK said happily.

Ronin looked at them "What for? You're part of us."

"Many leaves, I always say. I mean, the Leafmen say. Not that I'm a Leafman." Grub said sadly.

"Says who?" Ronin told him placing a Leafman hat on his head.

Mub began to cry "We'll find each other! Just follow the slime!"

"I will, Mub." Y/N said tears forming in her eyes. MK lost her grip and she called "Come on Y/N!"

"You're really leaving." Nod asked sadly. "Put your arms around me." Y/N pleaded and he did she pulled him in for a kiss.

Y/N and MK woke up in the field were they had been shrunk. They spotted their dad and ran over to hug him. He sighed "I always hoped if I, uh...if I proved it to her... she'd, uh... you know."