An interesting trip

"So that is Japeth in his true form?"

Jacks and Alessandra were traveling with Aric and Japeth, while the guy with the mask, the tall guy, and Rafal were in a different carriage.

"Her." Aric nodded.

Japeth was wearing Alessandra's ripped dress. She didn't complain, but she wasn't used to it. The girls were talking and didn't mind their conversation.

Aric leaned and whispered into Jacks's ear.

"I bet you don't don't want to only use her as much as you pretend."

"You're right. I don't."

Aric looked at him, perplexed. Jacks was standing beside him. He raised his almost inexistent eyebrows like it was obvious.

"Do you really think I go around buying ice creams for people I don't like?"

It made sense. Aric looked away. He could see his reflection in the carriage window. His amethyst eyes seemed worried. But he was not worried. He was the best. No boy could take a girl from him. Right?

"I see you're worried. Am I such a big threat? Do you think I'm handsome? You do. Damn, you should see the look on your face right now!"

Was he serious? Was it that obvious?

"Yes, it is obvious."

Aric grabbed him by his shirt. Jacks smirked like an idiot.

"How come you can hear my thoughts?"

"Easy! I'm something you know nothing about! Do you think I'm human? Surprise, my boy! I'm the prince of hearts!"

He was either super drunk or a complete idiot.

"Well, I'm not drunk. It sounded better inside my head."

"Jacks, are you doing your villain moment again?" Asked Alessandra. Maybe it wasn't the first time.

"Pffft, no."

"Then why did I hear the same exact speech you give every time you realise someone is actually listening?"

Aric laughed. So, he used it before. The speech.

"If you don't shut up, I will literally kill you, pet." Jacks addressed to Aric. He stopped.

Aric looked in the carriage mirror again. The girls were still whispering. He shouldn't have eavesdroped. But he still did.

"I didn't realise what was wrong with him. Last night, Jacks came into my room crying. I should've known better."

Aric turned to Jacks.

"How were you planning to kiss him if you are the prince of hearts?"

"Well, you see, if I kiss a girl who is not my true love, she, you know, dyes. But, on the other hand, if I kiss a boy..."

He slowly leaned in. Aric should have pulled away, but something told him he couldn't. Their lips touched. Jacks bit his lip and drew some blood. It tasted wrong and right and amazing...

"Nothing happens."

The two girls were staring in shock. They looked at each other. Jacks didn't let go of him.

"And that's why..." He flicked his hand."I only take boys out."