𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

* * *

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 , 𝐦𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐱

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 , 𝐦𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐱 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒; 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠.

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

"ángel, it's time to go baby. do you have your bag?"

my back aching, i rest on my knees on the floor of me and angels' room as i stuff a backpack with at least a day worth of clothes. even though it's thanksgiving and i'm not quite sure of who'll be at a strip club today, i have to work tonight, so i make sure to pack a uniform; it's a simple black piece, not really my favorite but she's functional and she'll serve her purpose. though i haven't really been dancing lately, constantly bending over to scrub out peoples tubs have been taking a toll on me- not that spinning around a pole is any better. i want to get an office job, but with a six year old and a missing high school diploma, i practically can kiss that idea goodbye.

"mamá, im tired." angel whines, walking over to me with the small, red backpack he hands to me; it's his favorite, with a picture of spider-man shooting a web into the sky on the back and it shows from the worn straps that tell me it most likely won't hold up for another year. "i wanna go back to sleep."
"i know baby, but you can go back to sleep inna minute." i reason, trying my hardest to convince the pouting toddler who stands in front of me, rubbing his swollen eyes with such fervor it makes me smile. "mamá is tired too, so please be liso with him. i just gotta grab one more thing and then we can go."
"okay." the boy huffs, sitting down as i rise from the floor, turning around to make sure that everything we need is all packed up.

the real reason why we're up so early is because i don't need any interruptions; not today. i hate this apartment; its like a cage and i am an animal, constantly butting my head against the bars until i bleed while the sharp steel of the ground sinks even further into my feet, a constant threat to my wellbeing that i genuinely can not take any longer. somehow, i think my meek-eyed son feels the same and as of late it's landed us at aitana's house, something i know the man down the hallway is not happy about- at all.

i rub my eyes, walking into the kitchen as i began to search for my phone charger that i could've sworn was right on the counter but has jumped away from me as soon as i come looking. i grimace at the inconvenience that if anything, is a threat as i look around, scanning the floor before my body seems to unconsciously tighten.