𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

* * *

𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐲𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫.

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

𝐣𝐚𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

"two-thirty for the luncheon, not three. i should be back around six the afternoon before but i'm not coming into the office before the day is over, so make sure you push the meeting with p&c to five-thirty."
"alright. i'll remind you that p&c is expecting to go over the layout plans for their next installment. the meeting layout should've been sent to you already, it should outline the main points you need to know. try to take a look at it when you get some time."
"yes, songee, i will try." i hum, trying to keep my growing annoyance at bay despite the copious amount of events the woman just covered in a fifteen minute discussion time. i'm more than grateful for songee and i always have been, but at ten am in the morning in america, work is the farthest thing from my mind right now. it seems like anything involving any personal aspect is, and despite the fact that a plane will be leaving tonight to take me back home, i'm more mentally in america than i am korea. truth be told, i don't even want to leave.

i'd rather stay here and rent an apartment or something to bide over my time while indigo works out this situation with his housing and the man he's told me about, but the situation i find myself new to is obviously a prolonged one. even so, it can't take more time than it's already been given; he needs to get both him and my child out of that pissy apartment the soonest humanly possible, and staying here with him would most likely bring that outcome to a faster outcome but at the same time, i cannot completely ignore my responsibilities. the conflict makes my head sore a little bit with a stress i know will only grow in the future; suddenly, i have a family in america, and living in korea isn't exactly the most convenient for the situation. sure, it would be different if it was merely a contrasting state but it's not.. the distance between us is overseas, not a five-hour drive or something.

"songee, i need you to put three months down payment on an apartment located in the bronx, weschester county area. it needs to be two bedroom, full amenities, and it needs to have the best security it can get. twenty-four hour surveillance. gated would be best. actually, make sure it's gated and nobody other than those with a code can come in. private domain."
"price tag?"
"doesn't matter, just send it to me when you find one. i'll talk to you later." i dismiss, ending the call before exhaling the growing tension in my chest in a deep breath. i suppose the fast pace of work was the one i asked for considering i have two jobs, and it seems lax due to how easy it is; you sit in a room, people ask you for money, they explain to you why, and then you decide whether or not to give it to them or i manage my own personal businesses. it gets boring, and it piles up so easily you barely have time to look up before you're completely submerged under it. the prospect is threatening in the face of my recent turn of events and i can't help but to begin already thinking about when i can fit it in my schedule to escape back to him.