𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

* * *

*  *  *

𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 , 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 .

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

the sound of a sturdy glass bottle meeting the surface of the clothed dinner table was the only thing that could draw jae's painfully still eyes away from indigo, who's own immediately fell to his feet as he tried feebly to still his pacing chest heavy with nerve inflicted into each of his unsteady breaths that felt as if they would kill him with overexertion. the blonde couldn't help the shock that ran through his own panicked veins, almost as if he had been injected.

"domme d'auvenay." the man hummed. "can i get you two started on your first course? or-"

"no thank you." jae cut off. "we'll let you know when we're ready to order."

"of course sir."

the blonde's wavering eyes watched the rubber shoes of the waiter carry him away, leaving the two at the table that had amassed nothing but a collective silence contributed by both of the men. for once in his life, the pride that indigo so brazenly wore as if it was ingrained into his skin had completely fallen from its crest; the twenty-four year old could not even bring himself to look up, an abhorrent shame gathering in the miserable pits of his core that rightfully muted him. what could he say anyways? he could only offer a shitty apology and even that felt disingenuous to the dominican, who knew there was no true way to make up for anything like this.

ever.

indigos attention was attracted to the sound of a keg popping, lifting his deep, obsidian eyes from their pitiful stance upon jae, whose eyes no longer rested on him. the blonde wished desperately that the man across from him would say something- anything. he hoped that he would shout at him, cuss at him, hurl insults at him like rocks.. he begged for anything but the silence jae never once wavered from as he poured a rather deep glass of champagne before setting aside. indigo anxiously watched, his clammy hands resting upon his knees as he tried to search the man's almond eyes for any feel- any indicator of anything, but saw nothing. the older felt his throat tighten with a lump, threatening to manifest into tears he knew were too selfish to show- but that's exactly what he was. jae mutely poured another glass, both men watching tensely as the clear yet yellowish bubbly cascaded into the shining crystal before he slowly placed it in front of indigo, only then meeting his eyes with a violently passive gaze.

"..thank you." indigo said, though jae gave it no acknowledgment. he simply stared over at the blonde before his stern demeanor broke. the younger simply brushed his slender fingers through his hair, resting lightly upon his elbow in a momentary lapse of thought before practically forcing himself to look over at indigo though it was clear to anybody by his softly pained expression he wanted to do anything but.