A New Challenge

Wednesday Addams arrived at Nevermore Academy for a new semester, still maintaining her usual stoic expression despite the recent chaos caused by Joseph Crackstone, which had only resulted in a three-week forced vacation.

Her parents had sent her belongings ahead of time with Lurch, sparing her from the hassle of dealing with it herself.

As she walked through the halls on her way to her dorm room, she noticed the sudden appearance of posters with slogans such as "Parenting is a privilege" and "Children are our future," causing her to furrow her brow in confusion.

"Thing, do you have any idea what this could mean?" she asked the hand that rested on her shoulder.

I don't know - Thing tapped her shoulder. I would guess it has something to do with the new principal

"I believe the same. It seems like a new mystery" Wednesday remarked as she entered her room.

"Wednesday, Thing! I have missed you so much!" Enid greeted them both as she exclaimed.

"Enid, it's only been three weeks since we last saw each other. But it's not terrible to see that you're still breathing" Wednesday replied dryly.

"Okay, I'll take that as an 'I missed you too' " Enid said with a smile.

Thing tapped the floor furiously, scurrying to the werewolf side of the room to protect himself from the Addams girl.

She did, she kept regretting not asking you for your postal direction to send you a letter that she wrote for you!

"Thing don't say another word or I swear you will lose a finger!" Wednesday commanded, annoyed by the hand words.

"O.M.G! You can give it to me now if you want" Enid said

"I don't see the point of doing that" Wednesday replied coldly, dismissing the idea.

Enid settled down on her bed while Wednesday's sat in front of her typewriter.

"Okay, you can give it to me later, and I will give you my postal direction so you can send me many letters in the future. It would be fun!" Enid exclaimed happily.

Thing just did a thumb up.

"Enid, do you know what the slogans are for?" Wednesday asked, changing the subject.

"Rumors say it's a new plan from the new principal. Maybe they will bring kids to study here too?" Enid replied

"That would be a nightmare, and not one of a pleasant kind" Wednesday replied bluntly.

"Why?" Enid asked

"I didn't have the best experience with kids, even as a kid myself, you know it" Wednesday answered.

Enid conceded, "I understand. Well, I must admit, I'm not particularly fond of kids either because they tend to be too loud, and you know how sensitive werewolf hearing can be. But I suppose some of them can be cute."

"More like nightmares" Wednesday declared. "It's my writing hour."

"Alright, I'll watch a movie with Thing" Enid said as she took her computer.