5: Award Ceremony

You open your eyes as hat kid shook you awake.

"Y/N! Wake uppp!!! The award ceremony is going to happen in like, a few minutes!" Hat kid said.

You sit up.

"Wha..? What award ceremony?" You groggily say, rubbing your eyes. It was still pretty early...

"Remember how we helped Dj Grooves and Conductor? They entered their movies so they could get the Annual Bird Movie Award! Don't you wanna see who won?"

'What? That's a thing?'

You were now more awake.

"So since this is some sort of ceremony... do we have to wear something special?" You ask.

"Nope! Not at all. But we need to go now if we're gonna be in time!" Hat kid rushed out of the bedroom.

'What the peck... I didn't even know about this! Whatever, I guess i'm kind of curious to see who won.'

You get out of the pillow pool you slept in. You stretch, then went over to your backpack. You look around to make sure hat kid wasn't going to come back in, and quickly changed, since you're not going to wear the same pair of clothes everyday. Wearing the same pair of clothes and wearing the same outfit everyday are both different things.

You get out of the bedroom and walked over to the engine room, where you saw hat kid waiting at the telescope. You climb up the stairs to her.

"Ready?" Hat kid said. You nod.

[Botw teleportation animation]

You and hat kid appeared at an auditorium, with a huge movie screen. It was basically a theatre. Alot of birds and other kinds of species were sitting in the chairs, but it was mostly birds.

"That's alot of seats..." you say.

"Hey, you two!" The Conductor waved. He was at the bottom of the sloped room, at one of the front row seats.

You two make your way there.

"So when are they gonna start?" You ask.

"In a few minutes. The peck neck still hasn't arrived... which is strange.." Conductor said, looking around.

As if on cue, the Dj ran to us.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, darlings! I had some stuff to attend to," he said.

You guys took your seats. You sat next to Conductor, along with hat kid. While the Dj went to go sit with his worker penguins, who were higher up on the seats.

"Hello, ladies and gentlebirds!" A brown owl walked onto the stage. He seemed to be more outgoing then the other express owls.

"Today is where we will determine the winner! The bird who had made the best movie this year!" He spoke into the microphone in his hand.

The screen displayed tons of movies. The owl went to a small table. There was a laptop on there. It seemed like it was some presentation.

"As you can see, these are the movies that have been sent to us to rate and grade. Birds and others around the world also voted on which movies were the best," he said. He went to the next slide.

"Today we will be announcing the top 10 movies. Whoever's movie is number one, will receive the bird movie award!"

He started to list the ten movies.

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Hat kid asked you.

"Eh, not sure. How about you?" You reply.

"Me neither, but I have a feeling it's Conductor. I mean, he pretty much wins every time..." hat kid says. You nod and turn your head back to the stage.