O n e

[One; The (Worst) Time of My Life]

I'd say I'm quite tolerant. I mean, I was the sidekick my whole life, but I never cared. What worried me the most was that my friends wouldn't live, and I guess I managed that once I fell into that coma. Christopher said I was their saviour, but also their worry. Well, every coin has a flip side I guess.

I watched the others cry at the side of my bed for weeks. I don't think anyone around me knew how easy it would be for me to just go to the hospital and connect me to myself again, but I didn't. But I wanted to. I wanted to so much, I could hardly function. Even though it was eating me alive, I had to face one fact. To them, I was gone. They may still remember me, but I'll be gone until I wake up again. Which will probably be years... But I had other people to worry about now. I had a different future now, and I accepted it. I had to help.

Christopher had contacted Noah, and as he always knew about the supernatural, just like my own parents, he immediately accepted having my so-called vision live with him. I guess it's hard to explain. My body was split in half. I was laying in a coma in the Southeast of England, showing promising enough signs that I would wake up from it, but instead, I was really on the other side of the world, myself, my true self, living with my uncle who I had never met before, but who was now my closest link to my family. He still kept contact with my mother, and he wasn't allowed to say anything. I had two realities now; the half dead me with my body laying in a bed, with my family and friends having that in their minds, and the all knowing, basically ghost me who was going to have to guide one boy through his high school life which was about to get all sorts of crazy...

"So won't people be odd about it? Doesn't everyone know everyone around there?" I asked Christopher as we sat in the white room again, on the two sides of the small table, which had a chess set sitting on top of it. He was a chess guy.

"No. However, rumours are probably going to spread. He's new, after all, and you're arriving after he is. It's bound to cause speculation," he said as he moved his knight and I groaned. He was closer and closer to beating me.

"Okay, so what? He's like the lone wolf of the town?" I joked, and he cracked a smile at the pun.

"You're funny," he said though I think it was sarcastic. He wasn't perfect at showing negative types of emotions, or anything really, except disappointment and happiness. Yeah, he knew how to show those, but sarcasm? Don't make me laugh...

"Thanks, I try," I nodded and moved a piece.

"You just played yourself into a checkmate," he told me and made a move which meant I lost.

"For crying out loud," I groaned, not wanting to swear. I didn't exactly want to get thrown out of heaven for swearing or blasphemy.

"Once more?" he asked as he cleared the board with me.

"Sure. Is this the only training, or-?" I drifted off, waiting for his answer.

"No, of course not. This is just the mind part," he told me as he switched the pieces around so I was white and he was black.

"Whoa! You're the angel here, why can't you be the white?" I asked, surprised that he switched up how we were playing. He was always the pure white one. That's what he was, apparently; pure.

"Just want a change," he shrugged and I accepted it since he was usually quite unpredictable, but whatever he did or said always had a reason.