F o u r

(Not my edit found it on google if you know the owner please tell me so that I can give credit, thank you)

[Four; The Time Which Evades Us]

I'm not sure how long things take. I mean, how long it takes for a certain thing to complete. Such as my debt to Stiles; telling Lydia about him, in a good way.

"I can't believe you haven't actually managed to get better clothes during your time here," Lydia said as we were both browsing through the shirts on the hangers. She pulled me out for some much needed shopping since she realised I only had the two jeans, one pair of shorts, a hoodie, a jacket, two joggers and about six tops and a few shirts that I had been living with since summer and she wasn't going to let that slide. Yeah, I literally arrived with no clothes, so those were all I bought over summer.

"Well, they weren't my priority," I shrugged and pulled out a white tee shirt. "How about this?" I asked, putting it in front of me.

"Okay," she sighed, knowing that my style wasn't like hers and I preferred practicality over pretty. "These too," she threw three shirts into the basket I was holding and I looked through them, nodding, even though I wasn't exactly happy about her dictating it, but I knew she was only trying to help. She was nice enough to go somewhere with me anyway, not just pretend she didn't know me.

"Are you sure this is no problem?" I asked for about the hundredth time.

"It's no problem, now shut up," she told me with a very - very - small smile.

"Yes ma'am," I nodded and pulled out a plaid shirt, looking at the length of it on my body. "Hey, how about this?" I asked and showed the blue thing to her.

"You really want to be like your friend, don't you? What is it? Do you like him or something?" she asked as she moved onto the dresses and tunics. I was going to stop her, but then she pulled out a dress which I actually liked and I nodded in approval.

"Well, I don't. I mean he's a great guy and everything, but he's not my type," I shrugged, casually bringing it up in the conversation. Well, I mean technically she was the one who brought it up, so that was one good thing I could tell him.

"Oh, come on, you're totally into him," she told me with a serious expression as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not!" I chuckled. "I'm just putting it out there that he's funny, and nice, and understanding," I shrugged. Knowing she was a genius was kind of intimidating and I was genuinely scared she'd see through me.

As she did.

"Okay, so why aren't you dating him?" she asked.

"Because-" I cut off. Oh God, I don't have a good reason... "Because Scott's more my type," I told her with a firm nod and pulled out a plaid skirt. I was finding really nice plaid stuff, and I was seeing a pattern here. I mean- oh whatever.

"Oh? So sarcastic remarks that you make yourself is not your type?"

"Well, I mean, opposites attract, right?" I asked. Okay, this was not okay. I felt like I was betraying myself right then and there. I found Stiles' humour better, but Scott was very nice and just he perfect guy for everything. But I don't like perfect.

"Of course, so why not go out with-"

"Lydia, I don't want to date anyone. I just want to get settled in," I told her with a sigh. "There's nothing here, I have all that I like, can we move on please?" I asked for about the fifth time.