F o u r t e e n

This chapter is dedicated to alwayslahey and Clara-Smith for their comments, votes and endless support, thanks so much guys :))
-

Fourteen [Family]

"Yo! Sky!" I looked up from my locker to see Stiles and I lifted a hand before I grabbed my jacket and scarf and followed them into economics.

"Let's go. Sit, sit, sit, sit! We got a lot to cover today, let's go, quicker!" Coach clapped as the two boys and I made our way in. "Anderson. You've been missing practice," he noted.

"Wow, coach, you paid attention?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"You shut Greenberg up, so yeah," he nodded, making me chuckle.

"I'll be there next time coach, promise," I smiled.

"Good. Now sit down," he pointed to my seat and I walked over to sit down, seeing Allison about to sit behind Scott, but Stiles beat me, attempting to climb over, but Allison got there first. Shit.

I took my usual seat beside Scott, in front of Stiles, taking my book and pencil case out. I heard Allison saying they hadn't spoken in a while, about his phone and then the killer, she changed lab partners to him. Oh crap. She even called him dummy... Oh yeah, and they had a date tonight, eight thirty...

"Let's settle down. Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading," my eyes were drawn to the one hand in the corner as I smiled lightly while Coach just told Greenberg to put his hand down. We knew he did the reading apparently. His hatred for the guy was immense... Though it was kinda understandable... "How about, uh- McCall!"

Yikes.

"What?"

"The reading."

"Last night's reading?"

"How about, uh, the reading of the Gettysburg address."

"What?"

"That's sarcasm. You familiar with the term, 'sarcasm', McCall?" as Scott went to answer, he glanced over at Stiles and myself and I reached a hand back, Stiles slapping it in a discreet low five.

"Very," Scott replied as I smirked.

"Did you do the reading or not?"

"Uh- I think I forgot-"

"Nice work, McCall. It's not like you're averaging a D in this class," Coach took a step closer to Scott and lowered his voice. "Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a D. How about you summarise, uh, the previous night's reading?" when seeing that Scott couldn't do that, his voice rose again, as did the beats of our friend's heart, according to the monitor. "No? How about the- uh, the night before that? How about you summarise anything you've ever read in your entire life?" he stressed the last few words as I tried not to wince, but I could feel my hands clenching into fists.

"I- I uh-"

"No? A blog? How about, uh, how about, uh, the back of a cereal box? No? How about the adults only warning from your favourite website you visit every night? Anything? Thank you, McCall, thank you. Thank you, McCall! Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation. You just blew it for everybody. Thanks. Next practice you can start with suicide runs. Unless that's too much reading," Coach leaned back as I tried to relax my hands, wanting Scott to be okay. My fists were clenched the moment he mentioned the 'favourite website' and not because I was against it, but more because while it's a natural thing teenagers may look at during or after puberty, Scott was not stupid. Okay, he didn't always pay attention, but he had bigger things to worry about right now. "All right. Everybody else, settle down," I turned to Stiles to see the heart monitor going back to normal, and I spotted one very obvious show of affection between Scott and Allison's tables. She was holding onto his hand, worried. It's her.