CHAPTER 1.

Chapter 1.
Landon Lee DiVincenzo

Ava Stone.

I've had a crush on her since middle school. Does she know I exist? No. Not at all. She never knew I existed, if I was being completely honest. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, but, I wasn't the kind of guy that she would go for.

Why?

Because, she's not only a cheerleader, but she's also a dancer, part of the drama club, and she has a boyfriend. Unfortunately. And her boyfriend is on the Varsity Basketball team—DJ Wagner. Ask anyone , and they'll tell you that she deserves someone better than him.

From what I've seen, she's a sweetheart, and on top of that, she's talented, she has goals and is motivated towards her future and to make more of herself. Meanwhile, DJ is an asshole, he's egotistical, cocky, arrogant, dumb as rocks, controlling, and he can come off as a gaslighter as well.

Plus, they're toxic.

Moral of the story is, he doesn't deserve her. I'm not saying that I deserve her, but she and I being a couple wasn't such a bad idea, right? I mean, think about it—

"LANDON!"

My head snapped down, and my eyes met with my little sister, London's brown eyes that were full of annoyance. Her arms were crossed over her chest as a stack of flyers were in her right hand. Her ginger hair was in a half up, half down style, and she had on her white polo shirt and grey pleated skirt along with grey high top Converse with the edge of her white socks showing.

Leave it to my little sister to spice up her school uniform...

"What now, London?" I groaned, taking my eyes from off of Ava who was across the hall, and shut my locker door with slight force.

London sighed and uncrossed her arms, her demeanor softening as she moved her weight onto both legs instead of just one. "Did you hear anything that I just said or...?"

"Did I want to hear anything that you just said? Or no?" I questioned, my gaze moving past London and back over to Ava who was now laughing at something DJ said.

A scowl formed on my face. Nothing he could've said could've been that funny. He probably said some insensitive joke about someone else like he always did—and what about that was funny.

"Can you look away from Ava for two seconds and listen to me for once?" London huffed, rolling her eyes.

Here she goes.

Rolling my eyes, I began picking at one of my curls and frowned, looking down at her. "What, London? I have 5 minutes to get to class. Make it quick."

London opened her mouth to say something, but then stopped herself. She looked down at her shoes and shook her head, placing a small smile on her face and shrugged, hugging her books and flyers to her chest.

"Never mind," she said. Her eyes glistened as if she was two seconds from crying as she shook her head. "I'll just ask someone else. But here..."

London handed me a flyer with a photo of her with a wide smile on her face dressed in a pants suit, and her hair in a neat ponytail. The flyer read "Want Change? Vote London DiVincenzo for Sophomore Class President" which I discreetly rolled my eyes at.

"Seriously?" I said, looking at London in distaste. "You know I don't believe in petty school politics, Lo."

London's smile fell into a frown and she looked as if I had slapped her. Hurt crossed over her face as she tried her hardest to place the proud, confident smile back on her face, but her once confident smile was now wavering and unsure.